CSV of a partial IOS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
lesstrawn

CSV of a partial IOS

Post by lesstrawn »

We have several MP holders in the stake who do not have the "ordained by field" completed, or even the date for that matter. Is it possible to export a csv file by which this data can be entered into a spreadsheet for followup?

Membership exports do not include these fields.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lesstrawn wrote:We have several MP holders in the stake who do not have the "ordained by field" completed, or even the date for that matter. Is it possible to export a csv file by which this data can be entered into a spreadsheet for followup?

Membership exports do not include these fields.
There's no export that includes this data. I can't verify it right now, but I wonder if these issues are included on the error checking on the membership audit. If so, you could go to that step of the audit and then copy and paste the entire list to a spreadsheet (via Ctrl+Shift+C) and then filter that list in the spreadsheet. But that won't help if missing ordination info is not part of the membership audit.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mtwerner

Post by mtwerner »

I just use a custom report to get this information. The criteria are "Priesthood is Melchizedek" and "Ordained By has no value."
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mtwerner wrote:I just use a custom report to get this information. The criteria are "Priesthood is Melchizedek" and "Ordained By has no value."
Good point. I had forgotten that "Ordained by" was in custom reports. Thanks for pointing that out.

And of course, since the original poster asked about a spreadsheet, once you have generated that report, you can use Ctrl+Shift+C to copy the entire contents to the clipboard and then paste in a spreadsheet.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Or alternately export the .csv file from the custom report. If you want to re-run the report periodically and then update your spreadsheet with new data, I find it is easier to go the .csv route and then (in Excel or Open Office) re-import the data.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”