Is there a way in MLS to see which ward a member's record transferred to from my ward

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
briankorale

Is there a way in MLS to see which ward a member's record transferred to from my ward

Post by briankorale »

Is there a way in MLS to see which ward a member's record transferred to from my ward?
silid

Post by silid »

I am not sure where to find it in MLS but when viewing an individuals record online you can see the prior unit.

Use the member lookup tool in the Leader Portal.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There might be a better way, but if you print "Individual Member Records", it will be listed on there.

From the toolbar: Membership > Print Records > Individual Member Records.

You can also pull up the individual record and click Preview and Yes. A different route to the same thing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

silid wrote:I am not sure where to find it in MLS but when viewing an individuals record online you can see the prior unit.

Use the member lookup tool in the Leader Portal.
RussellHltn wrote:There might be a better way, but if you print "Individual Member Records", it will be listed on there.

From the toolbar: Membership > Print Records > Individual Member Records.

You can also pull up the individual record and click Preview and Yes. A different route to the same thing.

The original post asked how to find out what unit a member moved to, not from. I'm not aware of any way to do that. If you know the address they moved to you can look it up on maps.lds.org. If the record was pulled by another ward it may show the ward on the transaction report that prints after the move but I'm not sure. I don't have one accessible to look at right now.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:The original post asked how to find out what unit a member moved to, not from.

Oops.

Yeah, I think the transactions reports are going to be the only way - if there is one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

briankorale wrote:Is there a way in MLS to see which ward a member's record transferred to from my ward?

Yes. Look for the transaction report that should have showed up at the time the member's record was transferred.
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

Well, if they donated in your ward before they moved, you can pull their current address from the tax statement screen. Then, you can cross-reference the address with LDS Maps and find their new ward. Not sure if that's what you're looking for, though, as I can't recall any way to do it solely with MLS.
dillydadally

Re: Is there a way in MLS to see which ward a member's record transferred to from my ward

Post by dillydadally »

I know this is an old post, but this is what came up in Google when I searched for the subject and it took me forever to figure this out, so I thought I'd post the solution I finally found.

I'm not sure about in MLS, but you can get this information on the website. In Leader and Clerk Resources, click on the Reports menu item on the top and then select Members Moved Out. Find the individual in the list and it will state their new ward. If you click the new ward, you can get meeting times and contact info for the Bishop there.

Return to “Membership Help”