Unable to download video from Mormon Messages on lds.org

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
rem1701e

Unable to download video from Mormon Messages on lds.org

Post by rem1701e »

http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?autop ... 94610aRCRD

I have tried to download this video for a sister to use with their Young Womens lesson this Sunday. When I click on the download icon on the bottom right of the video, it asks me where I want to save it, but never downloads.

I am on a MacPro and have tried using Chrome, Safari and Firefox with no success. Any suggestions?

Brother Merritt
Jerome Idaho Stake Clerk
Ray Merritt
Jerome 2nd Ward
2nd Councilor
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I just tried it on my Windows box. It creates a 12 byte file. I thought it might be a pointer, but it doesn't work in Windows Media Player.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rem1701e

Post by rem1701e »

Thanks. Upon further digging, I found that it is posted in iTunes under the Mormon Messages podcasts. I was able to download that and burn it to a DVD. Thanks again for looking at it.
Ray Merritt
Jerome 2nd Ward
2nd Councilor
allenjblodgett

YouTube

Post by allenjblodgett »

These are all embedded from YouTube, using the LDS Player to call to a YouTube video's id. So for those that don't use iTunes, you would have to go to the YouTube page, copy the link, & use a converter to download it.

Return to “Main Church Website”