Ward Mission Program

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Calprinter wrote:I see no link refered to in Toms 1st msg nor in your response, What am I doing wrong?
I know you've already answered your question, but just as a note: by default all links here default to tan color with no underlining. The difference is quite subtle and easy to miss.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Calprinter wrote:I discovered that if I mouse over the word link I get to the site. Pardon my question.

Speaking of which can we have a different color or have an underline for links that might help make the links more noticeable.
- David
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

tcpaki wrote:that sounds great! i must admit that i'm coming into a very busy week, so i'll have to get back to you on a suitable time, but in the meantime, i'll checkout a copy of the src and have a play.
look forward to chatting soon.
cheers,
tamati
Awesome! Thanks.

Tom
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

thedqs wrote:Speaking of which can we have a different color or have an underline for links that might help make the links more noticeable.
We are working on a whole site theme redesign which will address this (as well as other) issues.

Tom
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

tomw wrote:We are working on a whole site theme redesign which will address this (as well as other) issues.

Tom

Will this be an additional theme (like LDS Tech (new)) or are you going to change the current themes?
- David
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

thedqs wrote:Will this be an additional theme (like LDS Tech (new)) or are you going to change the current themes?
The whole site is being reviewed. There are various bugs in the CSS that we plan on fixing (in the current theme). For example many people have complained about the spacing in the forums (which is why "new" was created). We will fix this.

Tom
panibundy-p40

Post by panibundy-p40 »

Did this project ever finish? It just seems to have stopped. Has it been moved to another thread?
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Alas...no. I've been put in a different calling and have been super busy. I'm open to ideas and suggestions and the code is available for anyone who wants to work on it.

Tom
brichards-p40

Post by brichards-p40 »

tomw wrote:This web site is dedicated to technology projects so I thought I would share with you one of the projects that I have been working on and ask for your help with it. This program is designed to help ward mission leaders and ward missionaries conduct the missionary work within their wards. It will help them track those people being taught in the ward, track missionary exchanges and meals for the missionaries. It came out of a need I had as a ward mission leader to better organize and conduct the missionary efforts within my ward.

This was my very first big project in Java so I'm sure that there are a lot of things I could do better. I would value any feedback you may have. More importantly, I would value anyone willing to give me a hand to make it better.

You can find out about it here.

Tom
I am a new ward mission leader and am interested in your application. However, when I click on the word "here", I get an error message that the web page is out of date or whatever. Can you help? Bart Richards
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Welcome to the forum! Looks like Tom's website changed the path slightly. Try HERE instead.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”