Editing Melchizedek Priesthood Ordinations at Stake Level

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ssio

Editing Melchizedek Priesthood Ordinations at Stake Level

Post by ssio »

I received the following from MSR and think this sounds like a bug, Can this be logged with the MLS development team?

The reason why ordination records have been updated is because at Stake level there is access to membership records of brethren from other wards (eg Stake Presidencies) who perform ordinations and the updating of ordination information was done to clear up the names of those performing the ordinances and where possible to also include MRNs which may not often be available to ward clerks and will assist with the Priesthood Line of Authority requests should there ever need to be one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attention Stake Clerk.

Finance and Records have recently received a series of membership update errors relating to attempts by the Stake to edit existing priesthood ordinations for members assigned to units within the Stake.
MLS has recently been modified to allow the Stake to enter (record) Melchizedek Priesthood ordinations for Elder and High Priest but the system does not allow the Stake to edit an ordination once it has been recorded on MLS, any attempt to do so will fail.
If there is a need to edit a Priesthood ordination it will need to be actioned by the unit that holds the individuals record.

Regards Finance and Records
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ssio wrote:I received the following from MSR and think this sounds like a bug, Can this be logged with the MLS development team?

Since MSR is tightly integrated with the MLS development team, I'm pretty sure they're aware of the issue.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”