MLS Data Incomplete

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
zaneclark

MLS Data Incomplete

Post by zaneclark »

Our ward had a convert baptism in January that I just heard about, so I checked the MLS and he was listed with a membership number, but no data on his baptism or confirmation. I decided to try him on lds.org under the Member Lookup where you can see a full MLS record. On this record, both the baptism and confirmation were recorded... I can take this info and complete his MLS record, but how is it possible for the online record to be complete and the MLS in the clerk's office missing the data? Could it have something to do with the mission office creating the original record as is the procedure with convert baptisms?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Did you look at the membership number in MLS? Did it start with your unit number? I'm wondering if someone created a temporary record in MLS.

At any rate, I'd do a unit refresh in MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

RussellHltn wrote:Did you look at the membership number in MLS? Did it start with your unit number? I'm wondering if someone created a temporary record in MLS.

At any rate, I'd do a unit refresh in MLS.
I did compare numbers and they were the same..... I'm a little afraid of doing a unit refresh.... never done it and heard some with problems when the did this...
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:Did you look at the membership number in MLS? Did it start with your unit number? I'm wondering if someone created a temporary record in MLS.
Temporary records are not visible on lds.org/leader.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:Temporary records are not visible on lds.org/leader.

I was wondering if the record in MLS was a temp and the record failed to download rather then only partially syncing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

zaneclark wrote:I did compare numbers and they were the same..... I'm a little afraid of doing a unit refresh.... never done it and heard some with problems when the did this...

We have had a number of members appear at LDS.org but not appear in MLS. It is quite disconcerting. But, if the situation lasts more than a week, we do a unit refresh and it usually resolves the issue.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

zaneclark wrote:I'm a little afraid of doing a unit refresh.... never done it and heard some with problems when the did this...

In the early days, I think it did cause some problems. But now I think the worst it can do is bring down some bad information that you need to be aware of and deal with sooner or later anyway.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”