Gospel Library for Android 2.0 released to the Android Market

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
jasonhyer

Gospel Library for Android 2.0 released to the Android Market

Post by jasonhyer »

Today we released version 2.0 of Gospel Library for Android. This is a major update to the application and it expands the capability of the app in a very large way.

You can now choose the content you wish to on your device from an online content library that contains several hundred documents. You can download the content you want to use and if you to remove it later you can do so. Content is also available in Spanish and German.

The search capabilty in the application has also been enhanced. You can search for words in the whole library or by book.

This version also makes Gospel Library with Android 3.0 (honeycomb) so devices like the Motorola Xoom and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 can now use the app.

The version is available now on the Android Market. Please feel free to post your comments here on the forum.
Jason Hyer
jfender

Samsung Galaxy S issues

Post by jfender »

Hello,

I have just updated my version of Gospel Library on my Samsung Galaxy S, and it will not work. The process continually force closes and now i cannot access or open anything.

Please Help!!!:(:(
bradhokanson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Content save location

Post by bradhokanson »

Is downloaded content saved to the MicroSD card?

just installed this on my Optimus S rooted with ThundeROM.....so far working great.
BrumfieldAD

Post by BrumfieldAD »

@jfender - Have you tried uninstalling the app then reinstalling from the market? Were you able to download content? Indexing does take a while after downloading content which will make your phone seem slow.
cws33

Post by cws33 »

All I can say is wow! I'm using the T-Mobile MyTouch 4G and it works perfectly. I do appreciate the download on Wi-Fi only option, thanks. I am consistently thrown off by the navigation arrows. I guess the arrow with a circle around it means that it is a readable document while the arrow without a circle means that it is a folder and there are documents within that. I also find it a little odd that the number of items I downloaded is right in my face on every screen. It feels as though the number of documents I download is as important at the title itself. It's nice to know how many I've download but maybe not the in-your-face approach. Otherwise it's a great product. Thanks!

Also, is Handbook 2 available to everyone?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cws33 wrote:Also, is Handbook 2 available to everyone?

Since Handbook 2 is availabe to anyone by going to lds.org without having to log in, there's no point in having any restriction in the App.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

jfender wrote:
I have just updated my version of Gospel Library on my Samsung Galaxy S, and it will not work. The process continually force closes and now i cannot access or open anything.

Some users appear to be having this problem. If you have a force close, check the contents of your sd card to see if you have a folder called "gospel-library". If you do, delete the folder and restart the app.

This has fixed the issue for a couple of people so far but we would like more feedback to see if this fixes the issue for others having the problem. Also, if you are unsure of how to look at the contents of the sd card, reply and we will post instructions on how to do so.
Jason Hyer
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

bradhokanson wrote:Is downloaded content saved to the MicroSD card?
The content is saved to the sd card if the device has an sd card. It should be saved in the Android/data/org.lds.ldssa/files/gospel-library folder.

We have seen the app force close on some users when the gospel-library folder is on the root of the sd card. Deleting it from the root and starting the app again seems to help resolve the force close issue.
Jason Hyer
ckmetzsc

Going back to the old version

Post by ckmetzsc »

Hey Jason,

Thanks so much for the app. It's functionality is wonderful but the UI has been downgraded significantly. Is there any way to go back to the old version? The increase in content is trumped by the older version being easier on the eyes. or is there a way to put the old UI on there.

Thanks
volkmare

Post by volkmare »

I'm about to buy a thunderbolt (android).
what items are available in the droid gospel library?
everything in the quad, i hope...
Mark
Always seek the truth.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”