Delete Calendar Event

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
clerk545

Delete Calendar Event

Post by clerk545 »

How would I delete a calendar event from our ward calendar?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

First you must have the necessary edit privileges afforded to the event editor, an approver, or building scheduler. If you are one of the event's editors, an approver, or building scheduler then click on the event title in the calendar and then click the Remove button in the event details popup.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
clerk545

Post by clerk545 »

Thank you JD

My search of the wiki was fruitless else I would not have posed the question.
I apologize for being a bother. I realize this was a very basic question and my first on the forum..and last. I imagine it will be filed under the "stupid questions" section of the forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

clerk545 wrote:I imagine it will be filed under the "stupid questions" section of the forum.

Nah, we don't have enough of them to be worth a section. But I probably should move this to "calendar" since that's what the topic is about.

In my experience, many "stupid" questions are simply lead-ins to real problems.

As for your problem, I'm guessing that either you don't hold the right calling to edit the calendar, your calling isn't recorded properly for the system to grant you delete rights, or the calendar hasn't been set up to give you delete rights.

BTW, the mention of the Wiki is simply a part of our signatures. It's not directed at you specifically.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

clerk545 wrote:My search of the wiki was fruitless else I would not have posed the question.
I apologize for being a bother. I realize this was a very basic question and my first on the forum..and last. I imagine it will be filed under the "stupid questions" section of the forum.
As RussellHltn mentioned our statement below our signature is part of our signature to get people in general to use the ever growing and useful wiki. In this case the best information for the new calendar is found in the calendar Help rather than the wiki. The developers have been diligent in creating the pages of help for the new on-line programs such as the calendar and the directory. They have incorporated a lot of information asked for in discussions in these forums.

The purpose of these forums is for us all to help one another. We all benefit from others' experience and knowledge.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”