My Lists

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
bobnpy

My Lists

Post by bobnpy »

Just downloaded the latest update of LDS Tools and it wiped out my lists. If I click of the my lists icon I get dumped out of LDS Tools. Is there any way I can recover the lists I have made?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

bobnpy wrote:Just downloaded the latest update of LDS Tools and it wiped out my lists. If I click of the my lists icon I get dumped out of LDS Tools. Is there any way I can recover the lists I have made?

Each time I have downloaded a new version of LDS Tools, I have lost all of my lists. I do not think you will be able to recover them. This is something I do not like. Clicking the lists icon does not cause LDS Tools to crash on my iTouch, but there are no lists and I have to recreate them all.

It would be nice if they could solve this problem.
jgthomas

Post by jgthomas »

There may be a problem with lists if someone in one of your lists moves out of your ward or branch. Could that be a possibility here? The next version of the app will correct this problem, but I would be interested to know if that is not a possibility with your lists.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jgthomas wrote:There may be a problem with lists if someone in one of your lists moves out of your ward or branch. Could that be a possibility here? The next version of the app will correct this problem, but I would be interested to know if that is not a possibility with your lists.

People here come and go all the time, and this may be an issue with many of the lists I have. But the entire list is missing as if I had never started it in the first place. And yes, this has happened when none of the names on the list has moved or changed. If someone moving out who was on one list then causes all the lists to disappear, then yes, that has always been the case.
jgthomas

Post by jgthomas »

If you "Clear All Data" on the setup tab, you will lose your lists. If you just download, but do not clear all data, your lists should stay intact. If the app crashes when you try to go to your lists, there may be a problem with someone having moved out since they were added to a list.

I haven't heard of lists disappearing after a download (unless you clear all data first). If that is happening, we need to look into it further.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jgthomas wrote:If you "Clear All Data" on the setup tab, you will lose your lists. If you just download, but do not clear all data, your lists should stay intact. If the app crashes when you try to go to your lists, there may be a problem with someone having moved out since they were added to a list.

I haven't heard of lists disappearing after a download (unless you clear all data first). If that is happening, we need to look into it further.
Since the app kept crashing when I tried to go to my lists, I reloaded the app. I suppose that has the same effect as clearing all data, but it was the only fix I could dream up each time, and that is what I did.

So, I guess I effectively cleared all the data in the process of fixing the busted list function. So, if that problem is fixed, my problem also may have gone away.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”