Church history/reference web site?

Discussions about other Church websites
cmcphie

Church history/reference web site?

Post by cmcphie »

Is there a web site where a person can query and/or contribute to church historical information and talk references? Recently I was reading a talk by Pres. Monson (1986 Oct general conference) in which he referred to a bombing mission and wanted to find out more details about that event. He mentioned a Life magazine article but there are no references in the talk. I would think many individuals would benefit from such a web site that would include information about original documents, photographs and in other ways expand on a talk or message that has been given. It would also assist those wanting to get details about a particular account in church history and do additional research.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

cmcphie wrote:Is there a web site where a person can query and/or contribute to church historical information and talk references? Recently I was reading a talk by Pres. Monson (1986 Oct general conference) in which he referred to a bombing mission and wanted to find out more details about that event. He mentioned a Life magazine article but there are no references in the talk. I would think many individuals would benefit from such a web site that would include information about original documents, photographs and in other ways expand on a talk or message that has been given. It would also assist those wanting to get details about a particular account in church history and do additional research.
Although it's only a small fraction of what you're asking for, you might consult the Church History Library Resources page.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

As to the Life Magazine article, try Google for that one. I think there is an archive on Google of photos from the magazine. That may also give you the article, and some major libraries may have the back-issue run for that time period. In its day, Life was a magazine you always ran across somewhere in your day, at offices, schools, homes, etc., it was practically an American icon among magazines.

Return to “Other Websites”