Android 3.0 development?

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
BrumfieldAD

Post by BrumfieldAD »

KJ & Tim- I updated both of your permissions so you should be able to file issues in Jira. PM me if you are still having trouble.

The last updated build I posted should work on the wifi only xoom.
jallmitch

Post by jallmitch »

Even though I am part of this project and have signed the contributors agreement, I still do not have access to the JIRA site. In fact I receive the same message as KJ & Tim. So here is one of the problems that I am seeing: XOOM 3.0.1 / 3G
1. When I downloaded April 2011 conference - it not only downloaded the entire conference but also everything that I had previous downloaded.
2. Under General Conference / April 2011 (or the two previous, could be more) with all the talks listed, scrolling down or up will cause lines to black out.

Regards,
Jesse
kjpearce

Post by kjpearce »

I thought that Jesse's first statement was interesting:

1. When I downloaded April 2011 conference - it not only downloaded the entire conference but also everything that I had previous downloaded.

I thought that it was interesting because I had not heretofore seen that the April 2011 conference was available under General Conference. So, I opened Gospel Library and lo and behold it was not available. So, I went to the menu option Refresh Content and I refreshed the content only to have Gospel Library display a message that "The catalog is already up to date." I guess the question I have is: Is it available or not?

Kent

PS I occasionally see the lines blacking phenomenon mentioned by Jesse and not just in conference session downloads. Also, in the chapter listings for various manuals -- Gospel Principles, Book of Mormon Gospel Doctrine, etc. It usually goes away after a second scroll. I am running 2.0-SNAPSHOT-20110407-02.apk

PPS I can access Jira now
jallmitch

Yes

Post by jallmitch »

kjpearce wrote:I guess the question I have is: Is it available or not?

I downloaded it on the Thursday after GC. I didn't have to do a refresh. When I selected GC it had "2011 April" with a gray label. Now of course it is white.

It shouldn't matter if you have a Wi-fi only or 3G on that, but I have the 3g XOOM.
rcotton1

I want to help beta test.

Post by rcotton1 »

I have now signed up and would love to also help beta test the xoom. I am aprint designer so I only have art skills but I can certainly give my opinion.
kcushing

wi-fi only xoom

Post by kcushing »

I have the wi-fi only version of the zoom (posting from it now). I cannot even get Gospel Library to load. Should I be downloading a different version than what is in the app store?
jimhyer

How to join project as a test resource

Post by jimhyer »

jallmitch wrote:My profile shows that I have been added to that group... and I have access to the page that has the following directories

branch
tags
trunk

Jesse
I have joined the Android gospel library but can't figure out how to join as Test, instead of observer, any hints?
I have a 3.0 Xoom and a 2.2 htc evo shift and can test. I have downloaded gospel-library-2.0-SNAPSHOT-20110323.apk and gospel-library-2.0-SNAPSHOPT-20110403.apk, one linked from the forum and one linked from the wiki, but want to make sure I have the most current before I start entering Jira issues. What is the best way to get the most current 2.0? (or would you prefer testing 2.1?)
jasonhyer

Gospel Library 2.0 has been released to the Android Market - Android 3.0 compatible

Post by jasonhyer »

This afternoon we released Gospel Library for Android 2.0. It is compatible with Android 3.0 so will now work on the Motorlola Xoom. You can download it on the Android Market and there will shortly be a link on the Gospel Library for Android wiki page for those that don't have access to the market.

Please download it and post your feedback here on the forum, good and bad.

Thanks for your patience while we worked on this major update to the application.
Jason Hyer
kcushing

2.0 for 3.0 (Xoom)

Post by kcushing »

Yeah! It is working great for me so far. I had been using Reveal, but now Gospel Library seems to have everything I need.
philbarton

Post by philbarton »

I'm running the latest GL version from the marketplace on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v running Honeycomb. All is working well. Keep up the great work. I'm happy to test anything if needed.
PB.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”