Manual adjust by unit

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
w4yjc

Manual adjust by unit

Post by w4yjc »

I have not found much on this topic. Several of my units have this line on the View/Edit Budget screen, some with a positive (+) amount and some with a negative (-). I'm not sure what this is referring to, can someone explain.

Thanks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

W4yjc wrote:I have not found much on this topic. Several of my units have this line on the View/Edit Budget screen, some with a positive (+) amount and some with a negative (-). I'm not sure what this is referring to, can someone explain.

One possible explanation is in the thread Manual Adjustments by Unit.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

W4yjc wrote:I have not found much on this topic. Several of my units have this line on the View/Edit Budget screen, some with a positive (+) amount and some with a negative (-). I'm not sure what this is referring to, can someone explain.
I'm not sure what you are referring to. There is a budget page in MLS that is opened by selecting Finance > Budget > View/Edit Budget. Is that what you are referring to?

There are three line items at the bottom of the page. They are:
Total Estimated/Actual Allowance: $n,nnn.nn;
Budget Assigned by Unit: $n,nnn.nn; and
Difference: $n.nn.
If you are referring to the Difference line, then that merely shows the difference between the estimated/actual budget allowance and the total budget assigned within the subcategories.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”