Ward Mission Program

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

This is a great list of requirements! Let's formalize this in a document and I can then post it on the project site as well.

Tom
JasonG-p40

Post by JasonG-p40 »

Nicely done, KG. Thank you for putting that together for us.
Jason D. Griffith
Pampa Ward, Amarillo Stake (Texas)
Community Guidelines
tcpaki

reporting help

Post by tcpaki »

tomw wrote:Reports was next on my list. As you can see from the application, there is a "reports" module but it does not do anything yet. I was thinking on using JasperReports as the reporting engine. We could use iReports to create report files.

I love your vision on where we could go with this project. If anyone is interested, we could have a chat session and I could talk about how the program is structured and we could make some decisions on next actions to take.

Tom
hi tom,
i'm a swing/j2ee developer and have been tying together a plethora of open source libraries/apis for several clients... i have pretty extensive experience with the JasperReports reporting engine, and report design with iReport. i'd be more than happy to help out with any gui / reporting issues you'd like help on.

i've also been developing a web-app to track all aspects of church meetings (reporting, assignments, minutes, etc)... it's based on Grails and tries to cope with the typical workflow of an "LDS" meeting...

that's just a shameless plug, but i'd love to help on the WMP!
cheers,
tamati
Calprinter-p40

Post by Calprinter-p40 »

I am new to LDS tech and would like to know how to download your program Tom, I woiuld like to try it in our ward.

Thanks
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Calprinter wrote:I am new to LDS tech and would like to know how to download your program Tom, I woiuld like to try it in our ward.

Thanks
This is the link he gave in the very first post of the thread.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

tcpaki wrote:hi tom,
i'm a swing/j2ee developer and have been tying together a plethora of open source libraries/apis for several clients... i have pretty extensive experience with the JasperReports reporting engine, and report design with iReport. i'd be more than happy to help out with any gui / reporting issues you'd like help on.

i've also been developing a web-app to track all aspects of church meetings (reporting, assignments, minutes, etc)... it's based on Grails and tries to cope with the typical workflow of an "LDS" meeting...

that's just a shameless plug, but i'd love to help on the WMP!
cheers,
tamati
AWESOME! I'd love the help. Let me know a time when we can chat online and I can share with you where I am at and what specifically I could use help with. I'd like to get the reporting started.

Tom
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Calprinter wrote:I am new to LDS tech and would like to know how to download your program Tom, I woiuld like to try it in our ward.

Thanks
Definitely let me know what you think! Also, if you want to help out, we can make it much better than it current is.

Tom
Calprinter-p40

Post by Calprinter-p40 »

I see no link refered to in Toms 1st msg nor in your response, What am I doing wrong?
Calprinter-p40

Post by Calprinter-p40 »

I discovered that if I mouse over the word link I get to the site. Pardon my question.
tcpaki

Post by tcpaki »

tomw wrote:AWESOME! I'd love the help. Let me know a time when we can chat online and I can share with you where I am at and what specifically I could use help with. I'd like to get the reporting started.

Tom
that sounds great! i must admit that i'm coming into a very busy week, so i'll have to get back to you on a suitable time, but in the meantime, i'll checkout a copy of the src and have a play.
look forward to chatting soon.
cheers,
tamati

Return to “Other Member Technologies”