Sending multiple notifications for single event.

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
danyelchiland

Sending multiple notifications for single event.

Post by danyelchiland »

The calendar notification system sent out 3 e-notifications for a single calendar event recently. I've not had this problem before and am unable to find any reason for the occurrence. If it's not a bug, any suggestion to prevent that from happening?

Thank you!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is this is the same thing you posted in the Deleted changed event gets emailed thread?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

With the 1.6.7 release of the calendar that went out yesterday we addressed a problem with multiple messages and incorrect data being sent out in reminders. This problem should be resolved.
00kyle

Post by 00kyle »

I am not sure this has been fixed. Today a notification was duplicated 19 times to the subscribers and 17 times to the author of the event. I noticed the notification is indicated as coming from the event author. Could the issue be on the authors mail client (outlook or whatever software resending a message that has been reported to have failed but indeed has been sent) or does the outgoing notification even ever go through the authors mail client?
teuscher

Post by teuscher »

I had the same problem today. 50 identical emails were blasted to all calendar subscribers. The emails continued every 2 minutes until I deleted the calendar entry. The email was supposed to be sent 1 day prior to the activity. The emails began exactly 24 hours before the activity ... but continued for almost 2 hours until I could get to a computer to delete the event.

On another activity the emails are supposed to be sent out 2 days prior to the activity, but instead they are delivered 15 minutes prior to the activity.

There appears to be an issue with the email reminder feature.

Return to “Calendar”