Personal Calendars?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RussellHltn wrote:How private are "private" calendars?
Only the creator, those listed as viewers, and those listed as editors can see the events. Approvers can only see that the calendar exists. No resources are associated with a private calendar either.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

aebrown wrote:Although it may be technically possible for members to submit requests for personal private calendars, I really doubt that very many units will be allowing a widespread practice of members creating personal private calendars. We certainly won't be doing that in our stake.
The way I envision the use of private calendars is for organization leaders or a select list of people within an organization to share events without the entire stake or ward viewing them. A bishop and executive secretary could share event information this way; a presidency could share their presidency meeting events this way; and so on.

I agree that the private feature was not intended to be just a personal calendar. It would unnecessarily burden the Church servers with a feature that is best served by such sources as Google calendar or any other similar site.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

Post by kennethjorgensen »

jdlessley wrote:The way I envision the use of private calendars is for organization leaders or a select list of people within an organization to share events without the entire stake or ward viewing them. A bishop and executive secretary could share event information this way; a presidency could share their presidency meeting events this way; and so on.

I agree that the private feature was not intended to be just a personal calendar. It would unnecessary burden the Church servers with a feature that is best served by such sources as Goolge calendar or any other similar site.
Exactly. The use of our own private calendar is best performed in Outlook, Google Calendar etc. There we can layer on top our church calendars by using our personal iCalc URL link.

Return to “Calendar”