My Study Notebook -- suggestion

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
jglanfield

My Study Notebook -- suggestion

Post by jglanfield »

Whenever I add a journal entry into my notebook, the main page of the notebook shows the entire entry! It would be nice if a journal entry could be titled, so that on the main summary page for my notebook, it would take up approximately the same amount of space as any other entry into my notebook.

Does that make sense? And is this the best place to make such a suggestion? Bottom line: allow journal entries to be titled, and only show the title of the entry on the main page (or make it an option).
benjamincarleski

Post by benjamincarleski »

I would second this. It would be nice to only have a title listed. This also prevents those looking over my shoulder when I try to find a scripture I marked from seeing journal entries I have added.
SorensonMi
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by SorensonMi »

This is a great suggestion! We'll definitely consider it for our next notebook release.

Mindie
Dev Lead, lds.org
sodalau

Sync My Study Notebook with iPod/iPad/Android apps

Post by sodalau »

I do most of my studying online now using lds.org. It would be great to be able to sync the bookmarks in My Study Notebook with the bookmarks in my Gospel Library on my iPhone. Then I could have those notes with me at Church during class.

Thanks!
jglanfield

Post by jglanfield »

Looks like my suggestion has been implemented. Thanks so much!!
djdinut1

Notes etc. sync with iPad

Post by djdinut1 »

sodalau wrote:I do most of my studying online now using lds.org. It would be great to be able to sync the bookmarks in My Study Notebook with the bookmarks in my Gospel Library on my iPhone. Then I could have those notes with me at Church during class.

Thanks!

When will iPad sync with lds.org be available?
tenillecundick

Option to print journal

Post by tenillecundick »

I would really love an option that would allow me to print my journal. I would like to use the journal option for my regular journaling since I usually do it after I study, and it usually correlates. But I'm afraid to do too much for fear of not being able to print it out and keep a hardcopy with my other journals. I would love an option that would allow me to print it using a company that allows me to print other online things like blogs - maybe blurb.com.
jglanfield

Post by jglanfield »

You guys may consider starting your own threads for different feature suggestions. They might get more attention that way.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jglanfield wrote:You guys may consider starting your own threads for different feature suggestions. They might get more attention that way.
This thread is a good place as any to continue discussions about My Study Notebook feature suggestions. Sometimes one suggestion is related to another. Normally we would recommend submitting feedback through the appropriate website page Submit Feedback link but Mindie seems to be a regular to these forums. It is still a good idea to use the Submit Feedback link for suggestions however.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Kenny.barton

Journal Entries

Post by Kenny.barton »

I had spent a couple hours writing a fairly long journal entry yesterday, and then saved it to google and my journal entry. However, I went to read it, and it was cut off about halfway through the entry. Thankfully I saved it to google docs. I was thinking it would be good to send a note to increase the capacity of the journal entries because there is no warning that it isn't going to save properly, and there could be some very important thoughts lost in cyberspace...

Thank you for whomever is developing the site, it's such a great tool! :)

Return to “Main Church Website”