Will the 18 yr old requirement be removed from Mormon.org?

Discussions about other Church websites
bensonmcconkie

Will the 18 yr old requirement be removed from Mormon.org?

Post by bensonmcconkie »

I went to make a Mormon.org account today, and noticed you need to be 18 to create one.

Is that requirement going to be removed at some point? Or, is youth.lds.org going to become a place where youth may create profiles (just like mormon.org)? If so, any idea as to when?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

No idea. The church doesn't typically communicate that ahead of time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bensonmcconkie

Post by bensonmcconkie »

RussellHltn wrote:No idea. The church doesn't typically communicate that ahead of time.

I noticed on youth.lds.org it says that "coming soon" is a way to post your testimony online. This is different than making a profile. It will be interesting to see how the youth.lds.org site continues to evolve.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bensonmcconkie wrote:I noticed on youth.lds.org it says that "coming soon" is a way to post your testimony online. This is different than making a profile. It will be interesting to see how the youth.lds.org site continues to evolve.
It's interesting that the ability to post your testimony is now "coming soon." That was a capability of youth.lds.org about a month or so ago -- I know, because a couple of my children actually posted some testimonies there. It was topic-oriented, so you could share your testimony on tithing, or modesty, or any of many options for topics. I wonder why they disabled it?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
bensonmcconkie

Post by bensonmcconkie »

Interestingly, looking more closely you can still the launch the "testimony wall" seen here:

https://beta.lds.org/youth/for-the-stre ... locale=eng

but here

https://lds.org/youth?lang=eng

it's still "coming soon."

I guess that's why the call it "beta"...
bensonmcconkie

Post by bensonmcconkie »

FYI--I just tried doing it again, and now I can set up a profile on mormon.org. I guess the rules have changed.
sgoodmansen

Post by sgoodmansen »

According to the training we got in our region, they have lowered the age to 14.

Return to “Other Websites”