I am an EQP. What is the process to get access to the leadership info on lds.org?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
n7lkn

I am an EQP. What is the process to get access to the leadership info on lds.org?

Post by n7lkn »

The 1st couns in the stake Pres called and told me about the membership info available to priesthood leaders on the church website. He was surprised when I told him that I couldn't see what he was seeing, but with this post I can see that an elders quorum pres isn't even on the list. He wanted to review the prospective elders with me so I ended up having to go back to the church and get the information myself off of mls.

Another couple of examples that i had this week: the branch press wants me to prepare a list of people that he can approve, and then have me start giving a temple prep class to them. I have access to that info through the mls computer but if I could access the info on the web and not have to carry around lists, I would really prefer it.

Our area has a new report that we are supposed to submit to our stake pres.for the next 6 months that reports the less active and prospective elders that we personally
visited each month and I have to go back to the computer for a current list each month. With all of the training we are receiving to take the load off the bishop, and take more stewardship, i was thinking we would have access. Is this something that the stake pres passes on thru priesthood channels or is it just an oversight?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Moderator note: The OP's and this post were moved to start a new thread since the original thread was an old one addressing the beta of leader resources which has matured to become Leader and Clerk Resources.
n7lkn wrote:Is this something that the stake pres passes on thru priesthood channels or is it just an oversight?
It is neither. The control of access is through the callings a member has in MLS. Currently the elders quorum president does not have access to the clerk and leader resources. Perhaps that as the system matures other callings will be granted appropriate access rights. But for now for those not listed in the earlier postof an old thread there is no access.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:The control of access is through the callings a member has in MLS. Currently the elders quorum president does not have access to the clerk and leader resources. Perhaps that as the system matures other callings will be granted appropriate access rights.

The online documentation for Clerk and Leader Resources lists the callings that currently have access.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
n7lkn

Post by n7lkn »

I'm sorry, I should have included my quote when I sent my post. I never posted to a forum before and this is my 1st time. When I said:
n7lkn wrote: He was surprised when I told him that I couldn't see what he was seeing, but with this post I can see that an elders quorum pres isn't even on the list.

I was referring to the link below but my post was moved to a new thread and it lost it's context. I'm learning that I need to use quotes in the future.
aebrown wrote:The online documentation for Clerk and Leader Resources lists the callings that currently have access.

Perhaps as the system matures, Elders Quorum Presidents & HP GL may be included as Priesthood leaders. In my case, I'm a HP serving in a Spanish branch with only one quorum so I have both responsibilities. I was given the MP keys of an EQ pres though. Anyway, I'll pass this info along to our Stake Pres so he is aware of it.

I was told that with the change in the new handbook, where it says in sec 7.3.2 that I "oversee the records, reports, and budgets of the quorum" maybe there will be some changes. I guess we'll just keep moving forward doing the work we're called to, in the meantime.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”