Preload Menu and Tools Dropdowns

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
scromar

Preload Menu and Tools Dropdowns

Post by scromar »

I could not find this suggested elsewhere in this forum. I am frequently annoyed when, after arriving at lds.org, I click on either the tools menu or the menu menu, and it takes a half second for it to load. Why not preload these items so that they appear immediately when they are clicked on?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You may want to use the feedback link on that page to report that. While some things posted here do make it back to the developers, there's no guarantee. "Feedback" is more reliable.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

scromar wrote:I could not find this suggested elsewhere in this forum. I am frequently annoyed when, after arriving at lds.org, I click on either the tools menu or the menu menu, and it takes a half second for it to load. Why not preload these items so that they appear immediately when they are clicked on?
When you send the feedback RussellHltn mentioned be sure to include which browser you are using. I use IE8 and both menu items are there right after the page loads.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
scromar

Post by scromar »

I forgot to mention my browser, but I have noticed the same behavior in Chrome, Firefox 3.6, Firefox 4, IE8, and IE9.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

scromar wrote:I am frequently annoyed when, after arriving at lds.org, I click on either the tools menu or the menu menu, and it takes a half second for it to load. Why not preload these items so that they appear immediately when they are clicked on?
This has mostly to do with the speed of your Internet connection. I would love to wait only a half second for the menus to load. I usually have to wait 5-10 seconds at the very least.

And if the menus are loaded more quickly, that just means something else on the page is not loaded as quickly.

Return to “Main Church Website”