Webcasting Connection issue

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
harddrive

Webcasting Connection issue

Post by harddrive »

A week ago, I changed my network connection from DSL to FIOS. In the process we rescripted the firewall and everything works like a champ.

I came in to help out with another performance tonight and I was early and decided to test the webcasting software to see how my new connection would handle the stream. When I got to the login screen. I put my username and password in and it told me that it is "unable to connect. Please check your network connection and try again."

I called the global service desk and I didn't have time to troubleshoot it. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem from their building?

Thanks for letting me know
Terry
SheffieldTR
Community Moderators

Post by SheffieldTR »

My bet is that it is the firewall's new script. How was it "re-scripted", by GSD? Have them do it again. The firewall quite regularly is the issue with these connection failures. They can receive a new script from GSD to fix that. But in crunch time they can also be bypassed for the success of the event. Then please REMEMBER to go back through the firewall when the event is over!
Troy
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

SheffieldTR wrote:My bet is that it is the firewall's new script. How was it "re-scripted", by GSD? Have them do it again. The firewall quite regularly is the issue with these connection failures. They can receive a new script from GSD to fix that. But in crunch time they can also be bypassed for the success of the event. Then please REMEMBER to go back through the firewall when the event is over!
Troy

Troy, thank you for the information. I tried it at my home, which worked in the past and discovered that I couldn't connect there. So I found out that the webcasting software was updated and that encoder also had a service pack.

So I uninstalled everything and installed the latest of everything and I was able to connect.

So it looks like the recent upgrades to version 3 and to the service pack for encoder was the issue.

so it seems to be working now.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”