Calendar sync to Zoho is 1 day behind

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
epoulin

Calendar sync to Zoho is 1 day behind

Post by epoulin »

I've tried to sync the calendar with Zoho's calendar app, but all events are 1 day behind.
I contacted them about it - here's their response:
-----
Hi,

Thank you for using Zoho Calendar and writing to us.
We have analyzed the URL(http://lds.org/church-calendar/services ... subscribe/....) and found that the timezone information is missing.
So we consider that the events in the URL are in GMT timezone. However we show the events in user timezone in Zoho Calendar.

For eg:
User timezone is Asia/Calcutta(GMT+5:30), the event information in the URL is March 03 and the time is 12 am. In this case we show the event as March 03 and the time as 5:30 am.

Hope this clarifies. Keep writing your suggestions and doubts to support@zohocalendar.com.

Thanks & Regards,
S.Suganthi.
ZohoCalendar Team
----
Could you put the timezone info in the iCal feed? This should be a trivial change.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I just did the https feed for my calendar, saving it to a file. I see a time/dates as ending in "Z" which signifies UTC. And that's what I have to apply to get the events to come out right.

So I'm not seeing the problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
epoulin

Only for All-Day events

Post by epoulin »

Thanks for the reply. I should be more specific.
The problem is only manifested for All Day events. All "All day events" are 1 day behind. Anything with a specific time listed is on the correct day.

I don't think I should need to change the timezone in my calendar settings to be @ UTC since I am not at UTC timezone. I am at GMT -05:00 (Toronto time). If I change my calendar settings it'll mess with my other calendars and invitations for meetings, etc.

Return to “Calendar”