Budget Reports

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
klwilkinson

Budget Reports

Post by klwilkinson »

I've encountered the following problem with our wards budget reports. We have entered all of our budget information and assigned budget amounts to each of our categories/subcategories. However, on our Budget Allowance Summary Report and Budget Allowance Auxiliary Report only the first Subcategory line (Activities) shows the assigned budget amount previously entered. All of the other subcategories still show $0.00. However, all of the correct budget entries appear in the Budget Allowed Detail Reports.

Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, do you know how to get the appropriate budget amounts to appear on all of the reports? Thanks for any help you might provide.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

klwilkinson wrote:I've encountered the following problem with our wards budget reports. We have entered all of our budget information and assigned budget amounts to each of our categories/subcategories. However, on our Budget Allowance Summary Report and Budget Allowance Auxiliary Report only the first Subcategory line (Activities) shows the assigned budget amount previously entered. All of the other subcategories still show $0.00. However, all of the correct budget entries appear in the Budget Allowed Detail Reports.

Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, do you know how to get the appropriate budget amounts to appear on all of the reports? Thanks for any help you might provide.
I have not seen any such problems, either at the stake level or with any of the ward clerks I've worked with since MLS 3.3.1 came out.

It may be too obvious a question, but have you made sure that you are looking at the same years in each case? You can run reports on previous years or the current year, and you can set budgets for the current year or previous years.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

You may want to double-check that the right accounts are active. I recently noticed that several accounts were missing from the Summary Report (the one that shows the estimated future allocations), even though they showed up correctly on the Auxiliary report. Oddly, the Budget Allocations were re-activated, even though I had previously inactivated them. On the other hand, several others had been de-activated, including several that we had allocated budget funds to (a couple of Primary subcategories and a category under Miscellaneous). Once I took that step, everything showed up correctly.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I have been seeing odd behavior with the accounts as well. Some that were "0 balance" and inactivated have been re-activated. Some that were "0 balance" but active have been inactivated. This has been going on since the latest CUBS update (at least I did not notice it before). I have not seen a pattern yet, but have begun checking the accounts every time we are going to do something financial in MLS.
daveywest

Post by daveywest »

allenjpl wrote:You may want to double-check that the right accounts are active. I recently noticed that several accounts were missing from the Summary Report (the one that shows the estimated future allocations), even though they showed up correctly on the Auxiliary report. Oddly, the Budget Allocations were re-activated, even though I had previously inactivated them. On the other hand, several others had been de-activated, including several that we had allocated budget funds to (a couple of Primary subcategories and a category under Miscellaneous). Once I took that step, everything showed up correctly.
I saw this yesterday also. Several old accounts I had disabled were now enabled, while new accounts created just a week ago were missing.
Bro. West
Assistant Stake Clerk - Finance (2 years)
Former Assistant Ward Clerk - Finance (3 years)

Return to “Local Unit Finance”