Auxiliary Training Broadcast?

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
ccmichaelson

Auxiliary Training Broadcast?

Post by ccmichaelson »

According to my Stake Presidency, before every General Conference there is an Auxiliary Training Session held in SLC. One of them heard that it might be broadcasted (via Satellite or Internet).

Does anyone have any information about the broadcast and how we might be able to get it?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ccmichaelson wrote:According to my Stake Presidency, before every General Conference there is an Auxiliary Training Session held in SLC. One of them heard that it might be broadcasted (via Satellite or Internet).

Does anyone have any information about the broadcast and how we might be able to get it?
Yes, there are auxiliary training sessions. They are at different times and different locations for each auxiliary (see the training workshops schedule).

But I've never heard of these being broadcast. There is nothing on the broadcast information page about any broadcast. Sometimes portions of some of the training are made available on lds.org, but that varies widely by auxiliary.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
StevePoulsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by StevePoulsen »

Of the entire Auxiliary training Broadcasts, None will be broadcast over the satellite network. However the Young Men's Broadcast will be streamed. I have some inquaries in as to who can get the streaming inforamtion and will update this post when I know more.

All other auxiliary trainings can only be attended live and in person.

Update: anyone wishing to view the YM broadcast remotely can do so: http://lds.org/video/ym password ldsst13
Steve Poulsen - Meetinghouse Facilities Technology Engineer
mattprasmussen

Post by mattprasmussen »

Steve, Just to be clear, is it okay for anyone to view the live webcast? Can I share it with other Bishops and YM leaders?
StevePoulsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by StevePoulsen »

mattprasmussen wrote:Steve, Just to be clear, is it okay for anyone to view the live webcast? Can I share it with other Bishops and YM leaders?

Yes, It has been approved to be shared with anone interested in it. If they had not, I would not have posted it in a public forum. As to who should be asked to view it, I can not say, that I think should best be decided by local leadership. but feel free to share the information with whomever.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

StevePoulsen wrote:Yes, It has been approved to be shared with anone interested in it. If they had not, I would not have posted it in a public forum. As to who should be asked to view it, I can not say, that I think should best be decided by local leadership. but feel free to share the information with whomever.

This is great but what is the time of the broadcast. I see that it is for 31 mar 2011, but no time. Thanks for letting us know.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

harddrive wrote:This is great but what is the time of the broadcast. I see that it is for 31 mar 2011, but no time. Thanks for letting us know.
According to the training workshops schedule, the 31 Mar 2011 session for the YM is 7:00-9:00PM, MDT.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
ggraham

Post by ggraham »

Will there be streaming of any of the other auxiliary training sessions, i.e. Primary, YW, Relief Society, etc.?
If so, how do we get the appropriate links and passwords?

Thanks,
Gary Graham

Sorry, just read the post more carefully and saw that only YM training session will be streamed.
Anyone know why this is and might the other sessions be streamed in the future?
StevePoulsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by StevePoulsen »

ggraham wrote:Will there be streaming of any of the other auxiliary training sessions, i.e. Primary, YW, Relief Society, etc.?
If so, how do we get the appropriate links and passwords?

Thanks,
Gary Graham

Sorry, just read the post more carefully and saw that only YM training session will be streamed.
Anyone know why this is and might the other sessions be streamed in the future?
The decison on how the events are made avialble is left up to each of the individual auxilaries for their respective events. As to what will be avilible in the future I can not say, as that is will always be decided by the Auxilaries.
ggraham

Post by ggraham »

Any possibility that last night's YM Auxiliary Leadership Training will be available for download or subsequent streaming?
It was an excellent meeting but I think very few if any of our YM leaders were aware it was available.

Thanks,
Gary Graham

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”