LDS Tools can't access account

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
AggieGriffin

LDS Tools can't access account

Post by AggieGriffin »

When I try to download the update to the LDS Tools data on my Touch, I have been told for the past month that LDS Tools cannot access my account, that they are aware of the problem, and are working on a solution. I can't fathom that this has been really true for the past month, but I'm hesitant to delete the data and start over, for fear I won't have anything.

Obviously my account works; otherwise I could not have posted here.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Does your account allow you to see the new directory? Is it safe to assume that you've not had a password reset in the past month?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
natedavis

Post by natedavis »

Sorry you have been having problems with LDS Tools. I am a community developer for LDS Tools for the iOS platform. We have seen many people have problems with 1.0.4 as well as 1.0.5... Most of the time, it has been load on the server. Causing errors we have not done a great job of trapping for. We have submitted 1.0.6 to the App Store, and as soon as Apple reviews it, it should be live. 1.0.5 will work. We have recommended people remove the app completely, and reboot their phones, and then reinstall. You should be able to update. If for some reason, you cant, try the following day. You should be able to get data within a day or two max. As you know, There is quite a bit of load on Sundays. If you have problem after a few hours, on the setup page is an email address that you can email that you can let us know, and we will inquire with some more info.

Take Care,
Nate
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

Nate, I've ben trying delete & reinstall at all different times of the day - with no joy ever. 1.0.5 is dead to me :) roll on 1.0.6!
AggieGriffin

Post by AggieGriffin »

No password resets, and my normal LDS account works great. I ended up removing the program from my Touch and reinstalling and downloading. That fixed the problem, but is somewhat annoying. Thanks to Nate and the team for making this tool available, AND for fixing the bugs! I agree with dannykos!
Happe1

Post by Happe1 »

Hi,
I have version 1.07 and when ever I try to update I get the message There is a problem with your LDS Account. Please contact our Global Service Desk. Other than that I think it is a really good app. There are only 2 things I can think of that would make it better. First would be to be able to add and edit calendar events in the app. Second If in the uk members details were opt uot instead as opt in. I have full access due to my calling but most people end up with a list of about 3 people. Thanks for a great app.
Andrew.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Check the link below, regarding your problem about LDS Account.

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/LDS_Tools_for ... own_Issues

In regard to opting in and out, this is something to do with Data Protection across Europe, something we have no control over as the powers that be decided that for us. In most situations however being opted out is a good thing ie:- unwanted emails etc. In the case of LDS Tools it does to a degree limit what information is available to the regular members, without specific callings.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

happe1 wrote:Second If in the uk members details were opt uot instead as opt in. I have full access due to my calling but most people end up with a list of about 3 people.
Biggles wrote:In regard to opting in and out, this is something to do with Data Protection across Europe, something we have no control over as the powers that be decided that for us.

From what I understand it's due to the privacy laws in Europe. If you want that changed, you'll have to get your political leaders to change the "law of the land".

(Or, you could move to the USA where the system is configured as "opt out". :D)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Happe1

Update 1.08

Post by Happe1 »

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the answers. I have updated to 1.08 and it worked first time. As far as changing the laws of the land relating to privacy I'll get right on it 
moronilemes

Problem with my lds account?

Post by moronilemes »

Thank you guys, for the explanation above. I did everithing, but now I have this:

So it says there is a problem in my LDS Account. Is that rigth?

Thanks and hugs!

Moroni Lemes:cool:

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”