Android 3.0 development?

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
marcekb

Thank You!

Post by marcekb »

Thank you very much for making the beta available! It's wonderful to it, whatever little bugs there are.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
marcekb

Post by marcekb »

I get a policy violation when I try to use Jira. Signed in fine. Profile and agreement setup fine. Not sure what else I need to do to get access to the project in Jira to report bugs...but happy to do it. If anyone can let me know, I'd appreciate it.
jlpage3

Looking Good

Post by jlpage3 »

Thank you for releasing the beta. I downloaded it and installed it on my Nook Color running Honeycomb this morning. I can finally see all of the content. So far so good. If I find any issues I will let you know.
DaveTeasdale

Post by DaveTeasdale »

I got my Xoom tonight. I have played with the xoom at bestbuy in orem and the verizon store in spanish fork. Both had the Gospel Library on them and both would load but no scriptures as described earlier. I have download the patch on the page 3 and now It just force closes. Message is "The Application Gospel Library (process org.lds.ldssa) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try again."

I have rebooted and would be happy to be a tester for the church on this.

My Xoom is WiFi only, where as the others were 3G Android 3.0.1
AmoyTubig

Post by AmoyTubig »

BrumfieldAD wrote:We have a beta version that displays the text on honeycomb devices now! If you'd like to install it please be aware of a few things.

-This is beta and will change.
-You will probably lose any annotations you make in this version.
-There is no support for migration between pre release versions.
-You will have to manually delete all your content when you install another beta or the final release.

If you are comfortable with these caveats then please download and give us feedback with any problems you find.

1. Manually delete any versions you have previously installed including the one currently available in the market.
2. Connect your device to a computer or use a file browser application and manually delete the Gospel-Library folder on the root of the filesystem (for xoom) or /mnt/sdcard/gospel-library for other devices.
3. Now you can download the apk here and install it.

Please report issues to our project Jira.

Thanks!

So just to be clear, if I had already installed Gospel Library from the market, I need to root my device in order to delete the Gospel-Library folder?
DaveTeasdale

Post by DaveTeasdale »

I don't think that is correct, you shouldn't have to root to do anything. You just need a file explorer to find any files it may have left around. So... scalicommand free app. gives you full view of your file tree.
AmoyTubig

Post by AmoyTubig »

daveteasdale wrote:I don't think that is correct, you shouldn't have to root to do anything. You just need a file explorer to find any files it may have left around. So... scalicommand free app. gives you full view of your file tree.

Ahhh thanks! 1 day newbie to Android here...I'll learn! I got it working! Looks great
DaveTeasdale

Post by DaveTeasdale »

Wait you got it working on a wifi xoom? or was it a 3g?
jkbronson

Post by jkbronson »

I got the beta installed. Working good so far. Where should we post suggestions?
maughan_j

Post by maughan_j »

Thanks for the Beta. It looks to be working fine. I have a xoom 3g and an extensive background in programming. If you need any help testing this let me know. I would love to help.

As for the instructions of removing. All I did to get mine to work was:
1. Go to the market
2. press the "my Apps" at the top right
3. Find gospel Library and uninstall
4. Click the beta link and install

Afterwords mine worked fine. no rooting or deleting files. (Not sure this will work for you, but it is the steps I took and it works for me.)

Return to “Android Gospel Library”