Sunday School Classes Problem

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ericwerny

Sunday School Classes Problem

Post by ericwerny »

I may have posted this remark in the wrong area. I just felt it was a reportable bug.

I am having an issue with MLS that when a new member moves into the ward, it assigns that member to a long list of Sunday School Classes and also adds them into the CTR ALL AGES list. If I click on the assign to default things just get worse. I tried to first remove the entire bogus class, but it would not allow it. I tried to move members from the CTR group but it only allowed me to moved them within the primary organization.

Any suggestions, or did I miss that magic setting some where

Thanks for the help ahead of time.

Eric
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Right place, but I created a new thread for the problem. It sounds like someone has altered the rules for the various Sunday School classes. Each new member ends up in all the classes they "qualify" for based on the rules. If the rules have been removed, then the new member ends up in all of them. I'd suggest reading the Wiki on Classes for a overview.

IIRC, there's a way to reset the class rules to "factory default" but it will wipe out all of the classes in the process. But it does fix things from there on.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

ericwerny wrote:I tried to move members from the CTR group but it only allowed me to moved them within the primary organization.
When you click on remove you can leave the destination blank, which will remove them without putting them into another class. If they aren't in their correct class you can manually add them their separately.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”