Android 3.0 development?

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

marcekb wrote:I think as long as you are not charging money, it would be fine.

A common claim and frequently incorrect. I'd carefully read over everything involved including the developer agreement.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
marcekb

Post by marcekb »

RussellHltn wrote:A common claim and frequently incorrect. I'd carefully read over everything involved including the developer agreement.

True on both accounts, and probably not freely distributable in this case as I think about it. Sure would be nice to get a working copy though. Maybe the community administrator could put a plug in for getting this partial fix implemented until a broader release comes out?
jallmitch

Post by jallmitch »

Nice find. I wonder why Android 3.0 doesn't accept the tag the way it is written. I changed the tag as well and it seems to make everything visible on the verse level.
marcekb

Post by marcekb »

jallmitch wrote:Nice find. I wonder why Android 3.0 doesn't accept the tag the way it is written. I changed the tag as well and it seems to make everything visible on the verse level.

Okay, how hard is it to get access to the source? This is ridiculous that the developers here can fix it, but the rest of us have to suffer. I can code. What's it take to get developer access to the code?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

marcekb wrote:Maybe the community administrator could put a plug in for getting this partial fix implemented until a broader release comes out?

I pinged the lead, he indicated that they're almost out with the next version which does fix the issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
marcekb

Post by marcekb »

RussellHltn wrote:I pinged the lead, he indicated that they're almost out with the next version which does fix the issue.

Very kind of you. Thanks much for doing this!
BrumfieldAD

Post by BrumfieldAD »

We have a beta version that displays the text on honeycomb devices now! If you'd like to install it please be aware of a few things.

-This is beta and will change.
-You will probably lose any annotations you make in this version.
-There is no support for migration between pre release versions.
-You will have to manually delete all your content when you install another beta or the final release.

If you are comfortable with these caveats then please download and give us feedback with any problems you find.

1. Manually delete any versions you have previously installed including the one currently available in the market.
2. Connect your device to a computer or use a file browser application and manually delete the Gospel-Library folder on the root of the filesystem (for xoom) or /mnt/sdcard/gospel-library for other devices.
3. Now you can download the apk here and install it.

Please report issues to our project Jira.

Thanks!
kentedman

Post by kentedman »

awesome! so far so good. content is now visible. Thank you!
jallmitch

Post by jallmitch »

BrumfieldAD wrote:We have a beta version that displays the text on honeycomb devices now! If you'd like to install it please be aware of a few things.

-This is beta and will change.
-You will probably lose any annotations you make in this version.
-There is no support for migration between pre release versions.
-You will have to manually delete all your content when you install another beta or the final release.

If you are comfortable with these caveats then please download and give us feedback with any problems you find.

1. Manually delete any versions you have previously installed including the one currently available in the market.
2. Connect your device to a computer or use a file browser application and manually delete the Gospel-Library folder on the root of the filesystem (for xoom) or /mnt/sdcard/gospel-library for other devices.
3. Now you can download the apk here and install it.

Please report issues to our project Jira.

Thanks!
Looks better than the first one and I like that you can choose what you want to download and install. I have seen one issue so far, but can't get to the Jira site - bad credentials.
BrumfieldAD

Post by BrumfieldAD »

You should be able to use the same LDS Account credentials you use to post to this forum. You do need to agree to the contributor agreement which could be the issue you are seeing.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”