Sr. Technical Program Managers Needed

Interested in working for the Church? Ask questions and discuss opportunities with recruiters here.
ccallaway-p40

Sr. Technical Program Managers Needed

Post by ccallaway-p40 »

I am a recruiter for the ICS department of the Lds church and I specialize in finding Program Managers. Currently we are looking to fill multiple positions. This is not your typical Program Manager position. Candidates need to be highly technical in a variety of different aspects of technology, ie development, infrastructure, databases. Along with having a technical background, candidates need to have strong management skills. Someone who can move a room, and has excellent problem solving abilities.
16cards-p40

Working Remotely

Post by 16cards-p40 »

How does the Church feel about working remotely? Some of the strongest contributors on my team work from home roughly 80% of the time. And then there are the team members I've designed major components with that I have an exclusively virtual relationship with from China, Japan, Israel, Silicon Valley, Toronto, Brazil, and England.

I speculate the Church could open itself to a much larger talent pool that may be more effective than a regionally constrained pool.

Brandon Smith
brandon@16cards.com
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

16cards wrote:How does the Church feel about working remotely? Some of the strongest contributors on my team work from home roughly 80% of the time. And then there are the team members I've designed major components with that I have an exclusively virtual relationship with from China, Japan, Israel, Silicon Valley, Toronto, Brazil, and England.

I speculate the Church could open itself to a much larger talent pool that may be more effective than a regionally constrained pool.

Brandon Smith
brandon@16cards.com
Currently most of our employees work at headquarters or at local area offices. However we realize that it is becoming a trend to allow working remotely and so we are currently studying how we would support this.

Tom
BrainClay

Defining Program Manager...

Post by BrainClay »

ccallaway wrote:...I specialize in finding Program Managers. Currently we are looking to fill multiple positions. This is not your typical Program Manager position.

(I'm not interested at this time, but...) I've found that titles like "Program Manager" and "Project Manager" mean something different to everyone. What does Program Manager mean at ICS?

Also, what does ICS think of Agile and Scrum?
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

bcpalmer60 wrote:(I'm not interested at this time, but...) I've found that titles like "Program Manager" and "Project Manager" mean something different to everyone. What does Program Manager mean at ICS?

Also, what does ICS think of Agile and Scrum?
Program managers at the Church are in charge of interfacing between the customer and the technical team. They manage the project from start to finish. In many organizations this is also called a "project manager".

The Church does utilize Agile development methods.

Tom

Return to “Technical Recruiting”