Online directory and LDS Tools app not working?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
aliveinnature

Post by aliveinnature »

jdlessley wrote:We've eliminated access rights. LDS Account credentialling is eliminated since you can use those credentials to logon to other sites. What about web browsers? Are all those in your bishopric using the same operating system and web browser? What web browser and version are you using?

Are any other ward members other than the bishopric having difficulties in accessing the directory?

---Just trying to narrow down the possible areas to investigate.

I am the YW secretary. I am also having the problem. I was able to access the calendar and directory a few weeks ago. I have not changed anything on my computer. I have read that our new Stake President needs to do something, but I can't get a hold of him to let him know because I cannot access the directory.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

aliveinnature wrote:I am the YW secretary. I am also having the problem. I was able to access the calendar and directory a few weeks ago. I have not changed anything on my computer. I have read that our new Stake President needs to do something, but I can't get a hold of him to let him know because I cannot access the directory.
Did you contact the Global Help Desk? You were given instructions as to how to do that in this post. If so, what did they say?

Also, you say you have a new stake president. Was there any realignment of boundaries or creation of new units, or is he simply a new president of a stable stake? I ask, because several people have reported problems with accessing the directory and calendar after creation of new units.

But even if you can't access the directory to find out how to contact the stake president, surely your ward clerk, or a high councilor or any other stake officer who happens to live in your ward would be able to help you know how to contact him (but it might be better to contact the stake clerk or stake executive secretary -- they can probably follow up on your issue better than the stake president).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
aliveinnature

Post by aliveinnature »

Hi, I did just get off the telephone with the help desk. They connected to my computer and bless their hearts, gave it their best efforts. The were able to tell that our 10-day old stake has been set up, and that the tools should be working. However, for some reason, above them, I am still out of luck. They suggested I contact 801-240-3500 during normal Utah business hours, which I will do tomorrow, and see what they can do. Maybe anyone else can use this number as well.

Thank you for your response.

:)
Jen
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jdlessley wrote:Our experience on these forums in dealing with newly created stakes is under the classic LUWS. We can only guess that the same procedure needs to be followed for the new directory and new calendar - that is the stake president for a new stake must submit a request to participate in the LUWS.
While this is true for Classic LUWS, our new stake did nothing to use the new lds.org calendar and directory. After the stake was created, CDOL was updated, we made sure all membership records were located in the correct units, and that MLS was changed on each unit admin computer to reflect the name of the new stake and not the old stake.

After that, everything from lds.org flowed normally as we would expect.

Many of our problems in accessing lds.org are related to individual computers and browsers, and not to any type of stake reorganization or division. I can access lds.org from one computer at home but not the other. I cannot access lds.org from my high powered computer at work, probably because it is behind a firewall that does not cooperate.

I access this forum using three different browsers. Each browser displays the forum differently, links are in different places, and I have to be very careful where I click. But they all work. I am not so fortunate when I need to access lds.org and obtain information from that site. It is a complex site and most of the computers I use choke on it.

LDSTools (iTouch version) has recently had problems accessing information at lds.org but a new release has just been made available at the iTunes store that seems to have fixed the most recent access problems.

Return to “General Discussions”