Overlapping ward boundaries

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
lesteve

Overlapping ward boundaries

Post by lesteve »

Hello,

I am the assistant membership clerk in my ward. Because we are a student married ward in Utah, our boundaries share areas of other wards and stakes as well. We are wanting to coordinate with them on a project we're working on. In the lds.org maps help, it says that ward leaders have the ability to see the boundaries of other wards and stakes; however, when I try to do this, it will only show me their meetinghouses and not their boundaries (and I made sure the "Selected boundary" option in the map legend is turned on). I would like to get some feeback on not only this boundary display issue, but also how I might go about creating a custom map in lds.org that overlays all the other church units that are inside our ward boundaries. I hope this makes sense. Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you have access to cdol.lds.org, you may find it easier to get that boundary maps that way.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Some options may depend on what calling you have. I have an option (in addition to show boundary) to see Wards & Branches (image attached). There is also an option that lets me select what type of unit to show the boundaries for. There is a drop-down menu with the available options.
map_legend.jpg
map_legend.jpg (6.62 KiB) Viewed 749 times
lesteve

Post by lesteve »

Thank you - Now I see I don't have all the options as you do. For now, I will find out who in my ward leadership has these options available to them. In the Maps Help section, it says that the assistant ward membership clerk is considered as a "ward leader." It states in the map "Boundaries" help section that:
"Stake and ward leaders can view stake and ward boundaries in their own wards and stakes and in stakes around the world." It thus seems to me that the Church system should change their settings to allow my calling to have the advanced viewing options, as well.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lesteve wrote:It thus seems to me that the Church system should change their settings to allow my calling to have the advanced viewing options, as well.

It will only work if you've been recorded in your MLS with a standardized calling. See this article for more information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lesteve

Post by lesteve »

RussellHltn wrote:It will only work if you've been recorded in your MLS with a standardized calling. See this article for more information.

I followed the link you provided, and referred to the list of standardized ward callings, one of which is "Ward Assistant Clerk--Membership." I just double-checked in our ward MLS system to make sure that my calling was inputted as this standard position and not a custom one. It appears everything is in order.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”