Trouble syncronizing new stake/ward calendar with gmail account.

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
nakleinman

Trouble syncronizing new stake/ward calendar with gmail account.

Post by nakleinman »

A few weeks ago I subscribed my gmail calendar to my stake's calendar following the instructions on the stake site. Now the Bishop has asked that I do the same for him, but when I do, one of two things happen (I have tried it several times); either it loads a blank calendar, or I get the message:
[INDENT]"Calendar 'http://lds.org/church-calendar/services ... xxxxxxxxxx' did not load." (the x's are his number)
[/INDENT]When I checked mine, it was down as well, but 10 min. later it was OK. However, Bishop's still won't load. Am I doing something wrong, or is the site having issues?

btw: sorry if it is in the wrong forum
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

nakleinman wrote:A few weeks ago I subscribed my gmail calendar to my stake's calendar following the instructions on the stake site. Now the Bishop has asked that I do the same for him, but when I do, one of two things happen (I have tried it several times); either it loads a blank calendar, or I get the message:[INDENT]"Calendar 'http://lds.org/church-calendar/services ... xxxxxxxxxx' did not load." (the x's are his number)
[/INDENT]When I checked mine, it was down as well, but 10 min. later it was OK. However, Bishop's still won't load. Am I doing something wrong, or is the site having issues?
This is a well known issue; you can see many reports of it and a lengthy discussion in the Calendar sync issues thread.

Several people have had success with a Workaround to fix calendar sync problems. You might try that.
nakleinman wrote:btw: sorry if it is in the wrong forum
This is exactly the right forum for issues with the Calendar on lds.org.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
nakleinman

Post by nakleinman »

Thank you aebrown

Return to “Calendar”