El Salvador Temple Dedication

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
maybd

El Salvador Temple Dedication

Post by maybd »

This weekend I received a request from our Spanish Ward bishop that we broadcast the El Salvador Temple dedication in August. There are a number El Salvadorian members in the area that the bishop feels would truly appreciate seeing this milestone for their homeland.

I noticed that there will be a broadcast available for meetinghouses in the temple district, but I was wondering who I might talk to about having the broadcast available in our stake as well. It seems like it would take very little to make this available to members throughout the world, so long as it is a live viewing.

Thanks for your help!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There are a couple of technical issues. First, will be the dedication be shown using the same satellite that North America uses? It might, but I'm not sure as I want to assume that.

Secondly, Temple Dedications are special programs. Only members with a current Temple Recommend or a special Recommend will be allowed to view the program. CHQ will be gathering a list of receivers that will be allowed to decrypt the program. If your receiver isn't on the list, you won't see it.

I have two suggestions. The first is to have the Bishop talk to the Stake President to go up the "chain of command" to see if this can be done. The other is to call Satellite Support at 801-240-3454 Opt 2. They may be able to guide you to who you'd have to talk to.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”