Custom Reports in MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jonejam2

Custom Reports in MLS

Post by jonejam2 »

Hi. I am trying to create a report with all Priests (age 16-18) and their assigned home teaching companion with a 3 month or 6 month report of their home teaching accomplishments. The report seems to only tell me that THEY were home taught not that they did the home teaching in Jan/Feb/Mar for example.

My bishop is trying to see whether the Young Men Aaronic Priesthood holders are A. Assigned as a home teacher with an elder and B. Are actually going home teaching.

Any thoughts on this function in MLS?

Thank You
Jim Jones
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jonejam2 wrote:Hi. I am trying to create a report with all Priests (age 16-18) and their assigned home teaching companion with a 3 month or 6 month report of their home teaching accomplishments. The report seems to only tell me that THEY were home taught not that they did the home teaching in Jan/Feb/Mar for example.

My bishop is trying to see whether the Young Men Aaronic Priesthood holders are A. Assigned as a home teacher with an elder and B. Are actually going home teaching.

Any thoughts on this function in MLS?
To print one report using all the criteria you need is not possible. You can create a custom report to report the Priests assigned as home teachers. Then a Home Teaching Companionships report viewed by Home Teacher and a Households Being Taught report sorted on the Home Teachers could be used together to get all you need. The second report is needed since the tie-in with the Households Being Taught is by companionships and only the name of the first companion, in this case the senior companion for a Melchizedek-Aaronic Priesthood companionship, is the sort name. The Home Teaching Companionships report is needed to locate the companionship on the Households Being Taught report.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”