Help - New clerk With 2 questions

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
jonejam2

Help - New clerk With 2 questions

Post by jonejam2 »

1. I need to know what access to give an Elders Quorum president into mls for member records. Should they be able to see member records?

2. I had a record show up and I pushed Print preview and saw a note that the bishop should call someone. Well I canceled the preview and tried to print but goofed and hit the cancel button again. How do I go back and find records where the Bishop needs to call church HQ or some other notes on a record requiring action?

Thank you
Jim Jones
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

jonejam2 wrote:1. I need to know what access to give an Elders Quorum president into mls for member records. Should they be able to see member records?
On page 26 of the MLS Help Manual, it states the following regarding assigning user rights:[INDENT] 8. Click the check box next to the set of rights to MLS that this user will have.
[...]
Organization—Bishopric members, auxiliary and quorum leaders, and secretaries.
[/INDENT]Bishopric members will need a few more boxes checked, but for the rest on the above list, "Organization" is the only one those leaders should have.
jonejam2 wrote:2. I had a record show up and I pushed Print preview and saw a note that the bishop should call someone. Well I canceled the preview and tried to print but goofed and hit the cancel button again. How do I go back and find records where the Bishop needs to call church HQ or some other notes on a record requiring action?
Unfortunately, once opportunities to print have past I know of no way of getting them back.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

jonejam2 wrote:2. I had a record show up and I pushed Print preview and saw a note that the bishop should call someone. Well I canceled the preview and tried to print but goofed and hit the cancel button again. How do I go back and find records where the Bishop needs to call church HQ or some other notes on a record requiring action?
There is no way to do this. As you should have noted on the window you clicked cancel on, once you cancel there is no chance to reprint the reports. However, how many records showed up that day? It sounds like just one, so determining which record it was should be easy. As for the message, it most likely was a request from the prior bishop to have your bishop call him. To determine who the member was, (from the menu bar) look in Reports/Forms > Other lists > Members moved in. Click on the Move In date to sort by date, and identify the record (or records) that moved in that day. Next, go to Individual Records, pull up the member's IR, and click preview (bottom left). When the pop up appears, click yes. At the very bottom of the IR, you will see the prior unit information. Use the CDOL to look up the unit. Expand "positions", and there is the bishop's contact info. Give this information to your bishop.
jonejam2

Post by jonejam2 »

Thank you. Thats what I did and it worked out fine. I appreciate it.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”