Outstanding Checks Form

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Outstanding Checks Form

Post by aebrown »

Usually CHQ sends out the Outstanding Checks forms to each stake in January. Perhaps my stake president misplaced it this year, but I have not received these forms (one for each unit plus the summary form to submit to CHQ).

Have other stakes received these forms?

In any case, the forms are available on the wiki at the bottom of the Outstanding checks article, so we can still fill them out. The wards are to submit them to the stake by March 31, and the stake to CHQ by April 15.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

aebrown wrote:Have other stakes received these forms?
Haven't seen one either.

I seem to remember they changed things up last year a bit. They used to send them to each unit and the unit was supposed to complete it and send it to the stake. Last year they sent them all to the stake instead, correct?
mlh78

Post by mlh78 »

crislapi wrote:I seem to remember they changed things up last year a bit. They used to send them to each unit and the unit was supposed to complete it and send it to the stake. Last year they sent them all to the stake instead, correct?

My recollection was the other way around - but its been a year. I haven't seen anything come through our stake yet.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

mlh78, you are correct. Now I remember - that's what caused confusion last year. The stake never received the packet. Instead each ward received their own copy. The confusion was that most of them had never seen the form before, had no idea what to do, and promptly ignored it. We suffered from out-of-sight, out-of-mind last year. First thing we heard last year was a letter to the stake president from CHQ saying it had never been submitted.
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

aebrown wrote:Have other stakes received these forms?
My stake did NOT receive the forms and I actually had an outstanding check to report. I found the form at the Online Store (didn't think that it might be posted on the Wiki) and ordered it. What was sent was the unit version of the form, not the Stake version. There was only the one form presented from the search. I filled it out and sent it in.
JLR
cferguso55

Post by cferguso55 »

I contacted the Auditing Department directly and they emailed them to the Stake President.
ckmcdonald

Post by ckmcdonald »

Being reminded of the outstanding check reporting process by this thread, I downloaded the ward form as per the link aebrown provided (thanks). I haven't received anything at the ward level from CHQ or the Stake.

I completed the form and sent it to my Stake Fin Clerk. He responded and said he hadn't seen anything at the Stake level from CHQ either and was questioning if there might have been a change (due to CUBs) in the reporting procedure.

Leaves me wondering if the deadline has been moved out this year and we're premature, or, the new CUBs system removes the need for this particular reporting process.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ckmcdonald wrote:Leaves me wondering if the deadline has been moved out this year and we're premature, or, the new CUBs system removes the need for this particular reporting process.

I asked Local Unit Support about this. I was told that
  1. Yes, we still need to send in the form by the reporting date listed on the form (wards to the stake by March 31, stakes to CHQ by April 15).
  2. The forms are available on the LDSTech wiki (of course, we know they are attached to the Outstanding checks article).
  3. A message was sent to "the stakes" regarding this. When I asked what that meant, the analyst wasn't really sure whether that meant it was sent to the stake's ldsmail.net address, to the stake clerk via email, or via an MLS message.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”