Scripture Mastery App

farmhalf

Scripture Mastery App

Post by farmhalf »

There are some simple errors in the Scripture Mastery App on the ipod/iphone. (ie: For Flashcards and Quiz there is a spelling error for D&C 82:3 and the clues are wrong (swapped) for D&C 64:9-11 and D&C 64:23). There does not appear to be an obvious location for users to provide feedback for such errors for the Scripture Mastery App.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is that a church-created app?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

RussellHltn wrote:Is that a church-created app?

I couldn't find such an app in the Community projects wiki, but I did find a JIRA site for it.

And miraculously, this particular issue is recorded thereas of yesterday.
williamjackson

Post by williamjackson »

farmhalf wrote:There are some simple errors in the Scripture Mastery App ...
In addition to the errors you mentioned, there is at least one misspelled word -- "scriptur" -- on the Help page.
RussellHltn wrote:Is that a church-created app?
It is from the same publisher as Gospel Library and LDS Tools, so yes. It is even at version 2.0 at this writing; though I first heard about it today from the Mobile Apps Bulletin Flyer thread.
RossEvans wrote:I couldn't find such an app in the Community projects wiki, but I did find a JIRA site for it.

And miraculously, this particular issue is recorded thereas of yesterday.
Does one need to be participating in a project to have access to JIRA? When I try to log on with my LDS Account credentials, I am told my username and password are incorrect.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

subtlecoolness wrote:Does one need to be participating in a project to have access to JIRA? When I try to log on with my LDS Account credentials, I am told my username and password are incorrect.

I'm not sure about that. Write access definitely requires logging into JIRA. There may be read access to JIRA without Community Contributor status, or maybe not. I can't really test that right now.

I do recall that the first time I tried logging in to JIRA to write a comment I got an authentication error, which turned out to be a matter of case sensitivity. The JIRA login requires you to enter your LDS Account username in lowercase.

EDIT: I see now that read-only access to JIRA does not seem to be possible after all without Contributor status. So it made little sense for me to post that link upthread.

Return to “Mobile Applications”