I got an 'Access Denied' message

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
michaelwong

I got an 'Access Denied' message

Post by michaelwong »

Hi, I got an 'Access Denied' message while I try to access the Ward and Stake directory. What happen?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

michaelwong wrote:Hi, I got an 'Access Denied' message while I try to access the Ward and Stake directory. What happen?
Were you able to sign in to lds.org with your LDS Account?

After signing in, on the Tools menu are you accessing the Directory or the Classic Ward and Stake Websites?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
michaelwong

Post by michaelwong »

aebrown wrote:Were you able to sign in to lds.org with your LDS Account?

After signing in, on the Tools menu are you accessing the Directory or the Classic Ward and Stake Websites?

Yes, I can sign normally. But still got the same message while I try to access those information.
jwarner7

Ward members getting same error

Post by jwarner7 »

I have had several calls about this access denied issue. I have logged on as them and I am getting the same error. Any feedback as to the error
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jwarner7 wrote:I have had several calls about this access denied issue. I have logged on as them and I am getting the same error. Any feedback as to the error
So it sounds like you are using the Sign In link on the home page of lds.org to sign in, and that is successful. After that, what areas of lds.org are they trying to access when they get the error message? Do all personalized areas (Calendar, Directory, My Study Notebook, Maps, Classic Stake & Ward Websites) of lds.org give the same results? Do these people have leadership callings that would give them special permissions, or are they regular members?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

By chance, are you in a newly created stake?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”