Anyone know who this is?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
rem1701e

Anyone know who this is?

Post by rem1701e »

Every time I create a new calendar I get a returned e-mail transcript for a particular e-mail address: (redacted)

Any ideas why?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rem1701e wrote:Every time I create a new calendar I get a returned e-mail transcript for a particular e-mail address: (redacted)

Any ideas why?
I removed the email address, since the owner may not want his or her email address posted on a public forum.

The email address must be associated with some person in your ward (or stake -- you didn't mention what kind of calendar you are creating). I don't know what your calling is, but if you're not a clerk and so don't have access to MLS and the email addresses for the members of your ward or stake, I would suggest you contact your ward or stake clerk and ask them to look it up (they can do an export or make a directory or generate a custom report in MLS to get all the email addresses). Then you would know who that is and probably be able to figure out why the calendar system would be sending them notification emails.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
rem1701e

Post by rem1701e »

I am the Stake Clerk. Any time I create a new calendar for anything in the Stake this is happening. This e-mail address is not associated with anyone in a Stake Calling. I assumed that it had to be someone on the development team or such.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rem1701e wrote:I am the Stake Clerk. Any time I create a new calendar for anything in the Stake this is happening. This e-mail address is not associated with anyone in a Stake Calling. I assumed that it had to be someone on the development team or such.
I would doubt that it is someone on the development team. One thing you might try to determine if it is really someone in your stake is to do an MLS export (Membership.csv). Then open the produced CSV file into a text editor and search for that email address. That will help you either find out that it is indeed someone in your stake, or you can eliminate that possibility. If it's not someone in your stake, then you should contact Local Unit Support.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rem1701e wrote:I am the Stake Clerk. Any time I create a new calendar for anything in the Stake this is happening.

I think it would most likely be someone in the stake presidency, including the clerks. Note that it may not be the same email as you use for normal contact. Off the top of my head, I think it come from whatever they've set up in their LDS Account. I think it will show in MLS as Alan suggests.

Edit: What you describe sounds like the email is associated with a Default Approver. You can follow the link to see who that could be.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”