Outstanding Check from 2010

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
khasay12

Outstanding Check from 2010

Post by khasay12 »

I need to void and stop payment on an outstanding check from November, 2010. The payee has lost the check. Has this procedure changed from the old (Pre Cubs) MLS? Does being from a different year complicate the procedure. With old MLS, we called Salt Lake to stop payment, voided it in MLS, and issued a new check.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Follow the procedure in the wiki for Outstanding checks. The section I linked to matches the situation you describe.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
khasay12

Post by khasay12 »

When I go back to the previous year to void the check, does MLS add that to the carry over from previous year? Then when I reissue the check on present date (this year), it takes the amount out for this year.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

khasay wrote:When I go back to the previous year to void the check, does MLS add that to the carry over from previous year? Then when I reissue the check on present date (this year), it takes the amount out for this year.
Yes on both accounts (no pun).
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”