Where is the Sub Forum for BlackBerry?

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
captainBDSC

Post by captainBDSC »

This is pretty sad considering that RIM has more smart phones on the planet than any other manufacturer. At least right now...

Is it really that hard to write programs for BlackBerry?

What about the new and coming QNX based BlackBerry OS? It should be pretty easy since you can use just about any language you want.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

captainBDSC wrote:Where is the Sub Forum for BlackBerry?
There isn't one right now, but I think it's a good idea. I'll propose it to the other moderators.
captainBDSC wrote:This is pretty sad considering that RIM has more smart phones on the planet than any other manufacturer. At least right now...
Actually, Symbian has even more smart phones than RIM, but that's rather irrelevant. The big factors in creating a separate forum is a) the existence of a Gospel Library app for that platform; and b) the level of interest on this forum in that app for that platform.
captainBDSC wrote:Is it really that hard to write programs for BlackBerry?
It's not a question of how hard it is; it's a question of how much interest there is in writing such an application. Most of the mobile apps are created primarily by community developers. If there are enough motivated community developers for a particular platform, it's more likely that an app for that platform will be developed.

As you can see on the wiki, development is underway for Gospel Library for BlackBerry.
captainBDSC wrote:What about the new and coming QNX based BlackBerry OS? It should be pretty easy since you can use just about any language you want.
I don't know anything about that. But perhaps someone else does and can comment.

Note: I deleted your post that duplicated this question. Please follow the Code of Conduct and post your question or comment only once.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:Actually, Symbian has even more smart phones than RIM, but that's rather irrelevant.
I believe Symbian (Nokia) has more phones then anyone else world-wide, but I don't know about calling them smart phones.

Recent news from two different sources say that in the US, Android has overtaken Blackberry, but that's not important.
aebrown wrote:The big factors in creating a separate forum is a) the existence of a Gospel Library app for that platform; and b) the level of interest on this forum in that app for that platform.
Yes, we do need to talk about that. There's some other omissions we need to address as well.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Ask, and you shall receive - after correlation. :D
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Gospel Library”