Non-member access to calendar

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kalnius

Non-member access to calendar

Post by kalnius »

We have an assistant scoutmaster who is not a member but needs access to the ward calendar on LDS. org. He is on our MLS as a non-member for assignment to the scouting program.

MLS didn't assign him a "Member" record number - so I am unable to get him access to the calendar (making an LDS account).

Is there a way to get him access to the online calendar, or is this forbidden?
BKO
Stake Executive Secretary
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bhead wrote:Is there a way to get him access to the online calendar, or is this forbidden?

There is no way to do this currently, but I wouldn't say that it is "forbidden" -- more like "not yet implemented."

The Calendar help says on the Known Limitations page:
Non-member spouses cannot see the calendars of their member spouse/children.
Because it's listed as a "known limitation," I think there's a reasonable hope that plans are in the works to implement such access in the future.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kalnius

Post by kalnius »

Thanks Bro. Brown.
BKO
Stake Executive Secretary
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

You could export the calendar to a Google calendar (or some other application) so that he could at least view it. But he won't be able to make edits.

Return to “Membership Help”