Location of a Financial Training Module

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
BarryHill

Location of a Financial Training Module

Post by BarryHill »

I recall completing a training module for Ward Clerks but cannot remember the link or site location. At this point I am actually most interested in a financial training module covering reconcilliation etc., since we have a new financial clerk after more than a dozen years.

Thanks for the help
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

barryhill wrote:I recall completing a training module for Ward Clerks but cannot remember the link or site location. At this point I am actually most interested in a financial training module covering reconcilliation etc., since we have a new financial clerk after more than a dozen years.

Thanks for the help
The easiest link to remember is http://auditing.lds.org, although you can get to the training via lds.org > Menu > Serving in the Church > Melchizedek Priesthood > Leader Resources > Record-keeping and Auditing Training.

Note that although you mentioned "reconciliation," with the change to CUBS in October (assuming you are in the US), the training modules on reconciliation are now obsolete. But the other financial modules are still relevant and helpful (with perhaps a few minor changes since the CUBS changeover).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
BarryHill

Post by BarryHill »

aebrown wrote:Note that although you mentioned "reconciliation," with the change to CUBS in October (assuming you are in the US), the training modules on reconciliation are now obsolete. But the other financial modules are still relevant and helpful....

Thanks so much for the link. I tried to find the link through LDS but failed to find it. We just changed to CUBS and got a new financial clerk the same week. Now we have an audit. I am just trying to assure the new financial clerk and I are up to speed on the financial end of things since our 12 year veteran has a new calling.
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

barryhill wrote:Thanks so much for the link. I tried to find the link through LDS but failed to find it. We just changed to CUBS and got a new financial clerk the same week. Now we have an audit. I am just trying to assure the new financial clerk and I are up to speed on the financial end of things since our 12 year veteran has a new calling.
Wait, so you got a new clerk just in time for CUBS and Tithing Settlement? That's just dirty pool. :)

Return to “Local Unit Finance”