Where is the Bishops' orientation checklist (fast offering)?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
dubhdara

Where is the Bishops' orientation checklist (fast offering)?

Post by dubhdara »

Can someone point me to where the orientation for new bishop's in regard to checklist for fast offering is? It is referenced in the stake audit question #12 and it also mention a letter (2005) from the Presiding Bishopric on the matter (which I also cannot find).

I'm sure I've seen it somewhere but cannot find it on MLS, Google or even this forum.

Kind of urgent - thanks ;)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dubhdara wrote:Can someone point me to where the orientation for new bishop's in regard to checklist for fast offering is? It is referenced in the stake audit question #12 and it also mention a letter (2005) from the Presiding Bishopric on the matter (which I also cannot find).

I'm sure I've seen it somewhere but cannot find it on MLS, Google or even this forum.

Kind of urgent - thanks ;)
It was attached to the 15 March 2005 letter from the Presiding Bishopric titled "Administering Fast Offerings." Each stake should have a copy of official letters. Until recently I would have said that the stake president should be able to get it from the Official Communications Library, but that has been overhauled to conform to the new lds.org format and in the process now only has about 3 years of letters.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dubhdara

Post by dubhdara »

Hmm...will check it later - but I would have thought an audit item would be more available...

Thanks anyway! :)
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

aebrown wrote:It was attached to the 15 March 2005 letter from the Presiding Bishopric titled "Administering Fast Offerings." Each stake should have a copy of official letters. Until recently I would have said that the stake president should be able to get it from the Official Communications Library, but that has been overhauled to conform to the new lds.org format and in the process now only has about 3 years of letters.

So, then, new stakes don't need it? Or should we pillage from our prior stake? Too late for our audit, so we have about five months to find a copy. [grin]
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:So, then, new stakes don't need it? Or should we pillage from our prior stake? Too late for our audit, so we have about five months to find a copy. [grin]
"Pillage" might just possibly be too strong a word, but making a copy of letters might be prudent -- especially this one, since it is an audit requirement.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dubhdara

Post by dubhdara »

All OK now. I got a pdf copy of the documents from the administration office :)
bozz

I would like a copy of that letter for our files

Post by bozz »

dubhdara wrote:All OK now. I got a pdf copy of the documents from the administration office :)
I need a copy of this for our files. Can you attach it?
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

bozz wrote:I need a copy of this for our files. Can you attach it?
As you may or may not have noticed, posting that document is not allowed. However, if you (or anyone else who wants it) send me a PM with your stake ID and who you want me to send the pdf to, if I can verify it in the CDOL, I will send it. If not, I will send it to the first email address listed in the CDOL for the stake presidency. Hopefully this is a fair compromise between the code of conduct and helping out those who can't gain access to this document.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”