Cisco 881 unavailable?

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
johnshaw

Cisco 881 unavailable?

Post by johnshaw »

I have a dead firewall and a new meetinghouse implementation and therefore, 2 work orders into my FM group to order the new Cisco 881 firewall. The response back from him is that it's unavailable and they'll try again in 2 weeks. Does that seem right? Barely a month into this new roll-out with all the training videos, proactive messaging about the new direction, and we are unable to order them? Can anyone confirm they are having a similar response from FM....
troywo

Post by troywo »

We have had one just arrive in our Stake last week. It is not yet functional - there are some setup issues perhaps with our ISP but the unit did come through FM but I have no idea when they would have ordered it.
pete.arnett

Post by pete.arnett »

Our local FM group ordered a Cisco 881W unit on Thursday, 03Mar2011, and they were told today that the unit should arrive in April 2011
Thanks,
:cool:Your Fellow Member,
Pete Arnett
Sunny South Florida, USA
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Looks like they have been back-ordered very quickly.
pete.arnett

Post by pete.arnett »

pete.arnett wrote:Our local FM group ordered a Cisco 881W unit on Thursday, 03Mar2011, and they were told today that the unit should arrive in April 2011

The Cisco 881W has arrived, 17Mar2011

14 days, Including shipping
Thanks,
:cool:Your Fellow Member,
Pete Arnett
Sunny South Florida, USA

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”