High Council capabilities

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
harddrive

High Council capabilities

Post by harddrive »

I have a request from a high counciler. He is wondering if he is to get any special capabilities/tools to http://www.lds.org.

As far as I can see with the web site that there is nothing that the High Counciler needs beyond what the normal user need.

So can tell me whether or not the high counciler gets special tools, or will they get it at some point in the future.

Thanks for letting me know.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

harddrive wrote:As far as I can see with the web site that there is nothing that the High Counciler needs beyond what the normal user need.

So can tell me whether or not the high counciler gets special tools, or will they get it at some point in the future.

High councilors currently have no special permissions for leader tools, directory, or calendar. Of course, just like any other member, they can be given certain permissions such as calendar editor, but that is not related to their calling.

What will happen in the future? I'm sure there's some sort of roadmap, and I suppose it's possible that some permissions might be given based on the high councilor calling, but I have not heard of any such thing in the plans that have been made public yet.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
heyring

Post by heyring »

I am on the High Council over facilities and also over technology. I was assigned as a Stake Clerk in MLS in addition to my other callings (approved by the Stake President) so that I could see the online capabilities and become familiar enough with them to be able to teach other leaders in the Stake about how to best utilize all of the fantastic new tools that are gradually being rolled out. It has been a great help and I would suggest that you discuss the benefits of this type of change with your Stake Presidency.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

heyring wrote:I am on the High Council over facilities and also over technology. I was assigned as a Stake Clerk in MLS in addition to my other callings (approved by the Stake President) so that I could see the online capabilities and become familiar enough with them to be able to teach other leaders in the Stake about how to best utilize all of the fantastic new tools that are gradually being rolled out. It has been a great help and I would suggest that you discuss the benefits of this type of change with your Stake Presidency.

That would be a great suggestion. I will have to bring that up to my stake presidency.
dstorry

High Council access

Post by dstorry »

harddrive wrote:That would be a great suggestion. I will have to bring that up to my stake presidency.

Added as Stake Clerk means you have access to all wards in the stake and that should never happen.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”