adding editors to calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jgrogers

adding editors to calendar

Post by jgrogers »

The way I understand it, if someone uses the Calendar Setup Wizard to create a calendar (in this case, the Young Men's calendar), the YM Presidency automatically gets editing rights. Can the Presidency then add additional editors (and if yes, how), or is that restricted to approvers?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jgrogers wrote:The way I understand it, if someone uses the Calendar Setup Wizard to create a calendar (in this case, the Young Men's calendar), the YM Presidency automatically gets editing rights. Can the Presidency then add additional editors (and if yes, how), or is that restricted to approvers?
According to the Add Editors to a Calendar section of the Calendar Help system, "Any calendar editor can designate additional editors for that calendar."

However, I don't see that there is any option on the Options dropdown for people who are simply editors (not approvers) to actually add an editor. Approvers can do this with the Manage Calendars feature, but that option does not appear on the Options dropdown for non-approvers.

So it sounds like it was intended that editors could add other editors, but the software currently does not allow that (unless I'm missing something, which is entirely possible).

UPDATE: Subsequent posts show that editors can add other editors via Select Subscriptions.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

on the select subscription page a calendar that you have editing rights for will be a link that will allow you to manage the calendar settings.
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Listed below are the steps to which kd7mha is referring. This permits an editor to add another editor to a calendar for which they have edit rights:
  1. Logon to the calendar.
  2. Click Select Subscriptions from the Options button menu.
  3. Click the calendar name you wish to add another editor.
    Those calendars for which you have editor rights will be underlined.
    A "Modify Calendar" popup will appear.
  4. Make sure the "Editors" button is depressed (It is depressed by default.)
  5. Click one of the selections "Add editor by name" or "Add editory by calling" on the right side of the popup.
  6. Begin typing the member name in the text box if entering editor by name ...
    or if entering editor by calling begin typing the standard position title...
    You will see the nearest match as you type. When you see the member name or position title you can select it.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kd7mha wrote:on the select subscription page a calendar that you have editing rights for will be a link that will allow you to manage the calendar settings.
Thanks for pointing that out. As an approver, I guess I got in the habit of adding editors via Manage Calendars, and didn't notice the option via Select Subscriptions.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”