Assigning a building scheduler for the calendar?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
zaneclark

Assigning a building scheduler for the calendar?

Post by zaneclark »

I have checked all the help screens and this forum but cannot find out where you go to assign building schedulers. One of the instructions states that one or more building schedulers are to be assigned to each building, but I cannot figure out how to do this....
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:I have checked all the help screens and this forum but cannot find out where you go to assign building schedulers. One of the instructions states that one or more building schedulers are to be assigned to each building, but I cannot figure out how to do this....

Building schedulers are assigned via Manage Locations and Resources. See Designate Building Schedulers in the Calendar help system.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

aebrown wrote:Building schedulers are assigned via Manage Locations and Resources. See Designate Building Schedulers in the Calendar help system.

Thank you! I thought I had read every page of the help screens but I missed that one....
peteweston

Post by peteweston »

Building schedulers are set up by your stake default approvers (i.e a member of the stake presidency or stake clerk etc..). Our Stake President set me up as the designated building scheduler for our chapel here in the UK.

Having said all that "locations" don't seem to work with the new calendar, well that is certainly the case in the UK. I guess it will be added as a feature as part of the next major update of the new calendar around June??
pierce1of5

Post by pierce1of5 »

aebrown wrote:Building schedulers are assigned via Manage Locations and Resources. See Designate Building Schedulers in the Calendar help system.

I'm a LUWS admin I have always thought a multi-unit building was a resource that needed a scheduling calendar. Are there stakes that use the "resources" at the classic.lds.org LUWS this way? I know the classic LUWS is on the way out. Right now our ward is in the process of having a meetinghouse built inside of the ward boundaries that we will be sharing with another unit. The building scheduler has setup a google calendar to allow the members to see and schedule events for the last half of the year. If the new calendar at lds.org has this capability then I think we should use it. Does it take a stake website admin to use "Manage Locations and Resources" and is it part of the classic or current LUWS? Is such a calendar visible to both units?:confused:
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

pierce1of5 wrote:I'm a LUWS admin I have always thought a multi-unit building was a resource that needed a scheduling calendar. Are there stakes that use the "resources" at the classic.lds.org LUWS this way?
Until this year, our stake used the classic LUWS resource scheduling feature for scheduling multi-unit building. We set up a stake-level resource, then assigned it to the relevant wards. But now we are using the new calendar.
pierce1of5 wrote:Right now our ward is in the process of having a meetinghouse built inside of the ward boundaries that we will be sharing with another unit. The building scheduler has setup a google calendar to allow the members to see and schedule events for the last half of the year. If the new calendar at lds.org has this capability then I think we should use it. Does it take a stake website admin to use "Manage Locations and Resources" and is it part of the classic or current LUWS? Is such a calendar visible to both units?:confused:

Yes, the new calendar is designed to handle multi-unit buildings. I'd advise you to read the calendar help for details, but basically, a stake calendar administrator (called "approver") configure the location and assigns one or more building schedulers. Then the building scheduler(s) can take it from there. Resource scheduling is integrated with event scheduling. Permission to add events can be distributed among many members (called "editors"). Members of each ward can see only their own ward's calendar and the stake's calendar. But when any editor tries to schedule a resource that is already scheduled, they will be told of the conflict. Building schedulers and all editors have the ability to see all events scheduled for a particular location.

In short, it's quite a change in philosophy from the class LUWS, but it has a lot of nice features for handling multi-stake buildings.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

aebrown wrote:In short, it's quite a change in philosophy from the class LUWS, but it has a lot of nice features for handling multi-stake buildings.

Thanks for the information... I do have one question: What are the features for "Handling multi-stake buildings"?

I just browsed over the help documents again and I can't find anything regarding multi-stake scheduling. (Not because it isn't there necessarily... I'm probably just not seeing it).

I ask because our stake shares two separate buildings with two separate neighboring stakes. I would love to find out how to handle scheduling events in these buildings using the new calendar system.

Thanks~!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

nathangg wrote:I just browsed over the help documents again and I can't find anything regarding multi-stake scheduling. (Not because it isn't there necessarily... I'm probably just not seeing it).

The section you are looking for is Manage Locations or Resources Shared By Two Stakes. It does note that the FM group has to enter the location properly in the FM database.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

aebrown wrote:The section you are looking for is Manage Locations or Resources Shared By Two Stakes. It does note that the FM group has to enter the location properly in the FM database.
Awesome! Thank you so so so much!

Return to “Calendar”