fixing my flubs (quorum deletion)

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
drworm07

fixing my flubs (quorum deletion)

Post by drworm07 »

my YSA ward has two elders quorums and also two Relief societys, and we've figured out how to add the groups...however to make paperwork simpler they decided to make THREE groups.
Elders 1: a list of all the elders in the ward.
Elders 2: a list of the elders in the first quorum.
Elders 3: a list of the elders in the second quorum.
(hope that makes sense)

well I in my limited wisdom goofed up. I saw the extra group and without thinking to ask ANYONE i deleted the extra...

So now i gotta fix it...
I deleted the group Elders 2 but not Elders 3, and when i click the "add a group" option it adds a group named "Elders 4" instead of replacing the now missing "Elders 2".
so now i have elders 1, 3, and 4 but no 2... is there any way to change the names? or do i need to delete everything and start over? (problematic as i would then have to re enter HT assignments anew.)
any ideas how to fix this issue in a way that would take less than two weeks of re-entering every scrap of data?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

drworm07 wrote:
any ideas how to fix this issue in a way that would take less than two weeks of re-entering every scrap of data?
Do you have a backup from recently before the delete? If not too much has gone on since then it might be easier to restore and then redo the changes since.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JonesRK wrote:If not too much has gone on since then it might be easier to restore and then redo the changes since.

Keep in mind that by "not too much" we're talking about the financial side as well.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drworm07

Post by drworm07 »

unfortunately it has been several weeks.. and this being a college young single adult ward, a lot of information has been changed since then. it may be worth looking into though. by the looks of it, if i could just change the groups titles (which i suppose isn't too vital if i just tell the leadership that group 3 is actually group 2, but if possible I'd prefer to make it all nice and pretty) then within a few hours i could have it all back and in the proper order.

If that's not possible I would happily do what needs to be done, but I'm hoping its possible lol.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

drworm07 wrote:unfortunately it has been several weeks.. and this being a college young single adult ward, a lot of information has been changed since then. it may be worth looking into though. by the looks of it, if i could just change the groups titles (which i suppose isn't too vital if i just tell the leadership that group 3 is actually group 2, but if possible I'd prefer to make it all nice and pretty) then within a few hours i could have it all back and in the proper order.

If that's not possible I would happily do what needs to be done, but I'm hoping its possible lol.
You can't change titles. Quorum 3 is Quorum 3 and can't be changed. When you add a new quorum, it takes the next number after the highest numbered quorum. So the only way you can create a Quorum 2 at this point is if you only have one quorum.

If you're willing to delete Quorum 3 as well, then you could start over, and add Quorum 2 and then Quorum 3. When you delete a quorum, all the home teaching districts move to Quorum 1. To recreate a quorum, you have to select the members and add the leadership and move each of the districts to the new quorum. Note that the districts should still be intact -- you just reassign each district to the correct quorum, rather than creating the district from scratch. That should be pretty easy.

As long as you print out lists of each of those things before you do the deletion, it seems like you could recreate both Quorum 2 and Quorum 3 in an hour or two. That seems a lot easier than working from an old backup and trying to redo everything else that changed in the meantime.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
drworm07

Post by drworm07 »

The Issue has now been resolved and all the records are fixed. thanks for the advise. You've made this easier than i thought it'd be.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”