Where Are MLS Update Downloads Found

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
AlanSanders1-p40

Where Are MLS Update Downloads Found

Post by AlanSanders1-p40 »

I am a new finance clerk. I have received direction to update to version 2.6 of MLS. I do not know where to find the download.
RonaldF-p40

Post by RonaldF-p40 »

AlanSanders1 wrote:I am a new finance clerk. I have received direction to update to version 2.6 of MLS. I do not know where to find the download.
Call MLS support or contact your Stake Clerk. The Stake Clerk may have a copy already.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Usually MLS will auto-update when you try to get new information. Have you tried updating from CHQ?
- David
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

thedqs wrote:Usually MLS will auto-update when you try to get new information. Have you tried updating from CHQ?
MLS 2.6 was too big to push though the phone lines. The church sent out CDs to the Stake Clerk and download instructions via the stake MLS and to STS's mailbox. Downloading it requires a login ID and password. Obviously we don't want to get into that here, so we need to point him to the official sources of that information.

(MLS 2.6.2, an update to MLS 2.6, will auto-download.)
SmithGW

Where are MLS downloads found

Post by SmithGW »

RussellHltn is correct about the distribution of MLS 2.6 - it was sent to stake clerks on a CD. Your stake clerk should have this CD and should be able to install this on your computer for you. After that is installed, the Send/Receive feature will send you updates.
liver9-p40

New 2.7

Post by liver9-p40 »

Am I right that you can now have a computer setup as for membership and one for finance and be able to recieve updates and downloads via the internet? If this is correct, this is the best thing since slice bread. Please send BooYa, thanks to those that help make this happen.

Paul Livingston
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You may connect an administrative computer to the Internet *IF* you've installed Desktop 5.5 and only though an existing Church Network. (Typically a Church Network is installed if you've got a FHC in the building, or an Institute, or other church employee working there.)
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Russell you got half the question, but can you also get 2 separate computers for running MLS and one is for financial and one for membership? At least that is how I understood the question.
- David
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

thedqs wrote:can you also get 2 separate computers for running MLS and one is for financial and one for membership?
I don't think so. I haven't heard that before and I think there are some technical issues in trying to do that. Since the current policy is that the church no longer accepts donations for administrative computers I don't know where the second machine would come from.
Jeremy-p40

Post by Jeremy-p40 »

AlanSanders1 wrote:I am a new finance clerk. I have received direction to update to version 2.6 of MLS. I do not know where to find the download.
All stake MLS computers were sent instructions regarding MLS 2.7 and the website from which to download it. Your stake clerk should have that in his MLS Messages.
:D Happy to serve

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”