Household Location on LDS Map

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
bdcfam

Household Location on LDS Map

Post by bdcfam »

The location of my house is not correct on the LDS Map. When I try to move the location it doesnt move. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks
allenjblodgett

Post by allenjblodgett »

From the LDS Maps feedback page:
Household addresses, locations, and other household information are maintained by local wards and branches. Please notify ward or branch leaders if the information shown is incorrect
bdcfam

Post by bdcfam »

AllenBlodgett wrote:From the LDS Maps feedback page:

Why does it give me the option to verify the address and change the location of my address?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bdcfam wrote:Why does it give me the option to verify the address and change the location of my address?
Even though I'm not a ward clerk, I was able to verify my address and move my marker. It then had a status of "Member Verified" and a different icon from the normal verified households.

I'm not sure why that wouldn't work for you. What browser are you using?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

One possibility is that the ward clerk has already "verified" the location. After that occurs, I think members are blocked from overriding it.
bdcfam

Post by bdcfam »

aebrown wrote:Even though I'm not a ward clerk, I was able to verify my address and move my marker. It then had a status of "Member Verified" and a different icon from the normal verified households.

I'm not sure why that wouldn't work for you. What browser are you using?

I am using IE8. Mine doesnt say Member Verified
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bdcfam wrote:I am using IE8. Mine doesnt say Member Verified
Does it say "verified"? If it does, then your only option is to ask your ward clerk to move the location.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
BarryHill

Dose updating address change location on the map?

Post by BarryHill »

As ward clerk I have updated a lot of addresses in MLS. The address updates are reflected on the LDS.org directory. The new address is likewise reflected in the written address you see when you click on the member's marker on the map, However the location of the marker for that member does not move to reflect the new address. This has been true of at least 30 members with address updates. The markers were mostly all "unverified" prior to the address updates.

Why doesn't the marker location on the map change when I change a members address in MLS?

PS: I thought I would jump on this thread since my question is similar to the original topic. If I should always start a new thread just let me know.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”